Doesn't X-men coming to the MCU mean the inevitable fall of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel?

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
she's done.. she gon be the only marvel character to get 1 film

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think it is possible they do it but really the X-Men are so far off it's not worth discussing yet. They might go with the OGs first meaning Rogue's introduction could be years away.

The OGs gon be a little too vanilla imo. figuratively and literally.

I think they'll pick their top 5 they see as most marketable and roll with that.

Not too different from Avengers, since the movie OGs aren't aligned with the comic OGs

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
The OGs gon be a little too vanilla imo. figuratively and literally.

I think they'll pick their top 5 they see as most marketable and roll with that.

Not too different from Avengers, since the movie OGs aren't aligned with the comic OGs
Hmm . . . any ideas?
Whatever the case I doubt Rogue will be on the original team.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hmm . . . any ideas?
Whatever the case I doubt Rogue will be on the original team.

I think Wolverine and Storm are going to be part of whatever OG team. Maybe Bobby/Iceman will remain, since he's gay now and they'll see it as a "safe" way to include a LGBT character they can hide in an ensemble. I think everyone else will be subject to race-bending or being swapped out for mutants that aren't all a bunch of white people. I think they're gonna go a "Homecoming" route in a sense.

I also think they'll do what they can to have Jubilee in the mix, but in a role similar to the '92 cartoon. I think they'll have her be as young looking as Tom Holland.

With Rogue, I figure she'll be a villain (brotherhood of mutants) in her first appearance.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I think Wolverine and Storm are going to be part of whatever OG team. Maybe Bobby/Iceman will remain, since he's gay now and they'll see it as a "safe" way to include a LGBT character they can hide in an ensemble. I think everyone else will be subject to race-bending or being swapped out for mutants that aren't all a bunch of white people. I think they're gonna go a "Homecoming" route in a sense.

I also think they'll do what they can to have Jubilee in the mix, but in a role similar to the '92 cartoon. I think they'll have her be as young looking as Tom Holland.

With Rogue, I figure she'll be a villain (brotherhood of mutants) in her first appearance.
I think they should role with the second iteration of the team:
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Collosus
Bashee
Sunfire
Thunderbird
A diverse team that is also reverential to the comics.
And like Homecoming acknowledge the OG team existed and Angel, Beast, Iceman are off doing other things and you can always bring them in later. As well as Kitty Pryde, Havoc, Rogue, etc.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
A Storm movie is right around the corner:blessed:.
Its a wrap for Captain Marvel,they used her character because they were desperate for females to use and highlight.
With X-Men that is no longer a problem.

Bring in Storm for Black Panther 2 with the reset time-line after Avengers 4. shyt writes itself.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
+1

Doctor Strange did 677 million world wide (232m domestic). Ant-Man & Wasp will probably end at 570-600m world wide (210m domestic).

Homecoming, Ragnorak, and Civil War all did 800m+... but they had prominent franchise characters teaming up to anchor it. Cap 3 was essentially Avengers 2.5 and did 1.1 billion... comparatively, Cap 2 did 715m world wide.

From the synopsis, Captain Marvel is a period piece that will be more along the lines of Cap 2, DS, and the Antman movies. i.e. (relatively) self contained.

So if it 'only' does 700 million world wide, the innantez will pounce on it because of what Black Panther (and Wonder Woman) did as relatively self-contained movies. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker behind the scenes, unless it does far lower than that.
A&W is only T 466 million right now breh. It's 50 million short of the first movie.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I think they should role with the second iteration of the team:
Cyclops
Storm
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Wolverine
Collosus
Bashee
Sunfire
Thunderbird
A diverse team that is also reverential to the comics.
And like Homecoming acknowledge the OG team existed and Angel, Beast, Iceman are off doing other things and you can always bring them in later. As well as Kitty Pryde, Havoc, Rogue, etc.

Cyclops
Jean Grey
Wolverine
Beast
Storm
Rogue
Iceman
Gambit

What I hope happens is Disney bushes Avengers and focuses on X-Men. They had a nice run but their time is up,if they have the rights to X-Men now they should focus on X-Men and build them up and they can crossover in several years. I don't trust them to handle X-men properly as long as they are also handling Avengers. They will underpower X-Men in order to make Avengers look like hot shyt:snoop: