Doesn't X-men coming to the MCU mean the inevitable fall of Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel?

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They probably didnt plan that but it sure is an out when Brie starts menstruating and pissing everybody off. I have a feeling the incels gonna dig up some dirt and expose it around the movies release date

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
fukk Cap Marvel I hope Rogue takes her franchise and buries her in a coma forever
uG59vBh_zpsr7hxkrus.png

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I don't get the hate. What other female characters do you guys want to see get a solo film instead?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Very curious on how they'll cast Rogue :jbhmm:

I think they may go with a light skinned/biracial behette with the southern accent.

Rogue can steal her powers without Carol having to be comatose for an extended period. Hell, it doesn't even have to be Carol she steals it from. The movies don't follow the comics that closely anyway, and the general public don't know or care enough if they change it up.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It has to do abysmal for that to happen. And I don't see it.
+1

Doctor Strange did 677 million world wide (232m domestic). Ant-Man & Wasp will probably end at 570-600m world wide (210m domestic).

Homecoming, Ragnorak, and Civil War all did 800m+... but they had prominent franchise characters teaming up to anchor it. Cap 3 was essentially Avengers 2.5 and did 1.1 billion... comparatively, Cap 2 did 715m world wide.

From the synopsis, Captain Marvel is a period piece that will be more along the lines of Cap 2, DS, and the Antman movies. i.e. (relatively) self contained.

So if it 'only' does 700 million world wide, the innantez will pounce on it because of what Black Panther (and Wonder Woman) did as relatively self-contained movies. But that wouldn't be a deal breaker behind the scenes, unless it does far lower than that.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
I got e-jumped on a comic book message board for saying rogue was a better hero with a better personality than ms. Marvel. They were mad as fukk. Rogue is just better.
Right Rogue is a better character. For most of her existence she couldn't touch someone without putting them into a temporary coma. It gave her more depth than Carol.