Does the Pokemon announcement end the myth that the Switch will have this unified library?

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikkas got zelda, splatoon and mario kart within the first few months...yall expected a pokemon rpg this year too :heh:

Zelda and Mario Kart are ports, Splatoon is basically a port with DLC sold at $60.:stopitslime:

All I see on this goddamn system is game's I already played or rehashes of games, not a single new IP from this company. And dont say ARMS is a new IP, it's a minigame collection sold at $60 with no single player mode. Even Street Fighter 5 had more content than that and that game sucked ass.

Where are the 3rd party partners that were on this list that everyone was throwing at people faces?
GwvnVI9.png

All I see is a list of lies an empty promises and even if they're bringing games over, they're gonna be nothing but ports from last gen like Skyrim.:beli:

This is suppose to be a NEW system, it should be getting NEW games, not ports and rehashes. Not even the PS4 and XB1 had this many ports in it's first year.:martin:

/s

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Foolish. It would have broken the internet and surely solidified Nintendo as the number 1 new gen console if they made the first console Pokemon RPG.
I think the shyt would've been :ooh: too but Nintendo doesn't control what Gamefreak & The Pokemon Company want to do. Gamefreak will not develop for new hardware until they absolutely have to and they always play it as safe as possible.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
The Switch came out in March and they have; Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Mario, Splatoon, Pokken Tournament, Monster Hunter (Release date TBA but likely very soon)...
How many AAA exclusive does XBOX One have this year so far, and confirmed for the remainder 2017?
I know some of you will dismiss these games with the typical "I don't care about those games" that stans love to say, but the fact is, you can't call something a drought if it clearly has games.

I actually think Switch is having decent 1st year output. :ehh:

I'm still waiting until next year to cop though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I actually think Switch is having decent 1st year output. :ehh:

I'm still waiting until next year to cop though.
It does, but the other side of that coin is that if you already owned a Wii U and were enjoying it, there is currently no reason to own a Switch.
Zelda BOTW is available for Wii U and plays and generally looks the same.
Mario Kart 8 has been available on the Wii U forever and the Switch version is not a night and day difference. Pokken Tournament was also available on Switch and Monster Hunter is a 3DS port.
Other than those 2 heavy hitting games (Zelda and Mario), there isn't anything to brag about on the Switch yet as far as software goes.
Arms will be the first exclusive of note on the Switch. Other than that, you have to wait for Super Mario Odyssey and Splatoon 2.
If you don't own a Wii U the choice is very obvious. In short, the Switch launch will be impressive to some, and to others it'll be yawn worthy. Both sides of the coin have valid points though.
I just wouldn't say the Switch is experiencing a drought.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Zelda and Mario Kart are ports, Splatoon is basically a port with DLC sold at $60.:stopitslime:

All I see on this goddamn system is game's I already played or rehashes of games, not a single new IP from this company. And dont say ARMS is a new IP, it's a minigame collection sold at $60 with no single player mode. Even Street Fighter 5 had more content than that and that game sucked ass.

Where are the 3rd party partners that were on this list that everyone was throwing at people faces?
GwvnVI9.png

All I see is a list of lies an empty promises and even if they're bringing games over, they're gonna be nothing but ports from last gen like Skyrim.:beli:

This is suppose to be a NEW system, it should be getting NEW games, not ports and rehashes. Not even the PS4 and XB1 had this many ports in it's first year.:martin:

/s
Except Skyrim was actually 2 gens ago :banderas:

Rn.

Supporter
Daps
No, but it does solidify that Nintendo will milk the shyt out of its fans :mjlol:

I remember at the beginning of this gen, ppl lambasted sony and msft for releasing remasters and ports, while praising Nintendo for releasing orginal content on the wii u.

Switch releases with ports, remasters, and classic titles and every one loses their mind for it :wow:

Then they trying to charge you to play online and pacify them with snes games. :stopitslime:

probably because Sony and MS didnt have a single noteworthy game for a year. The online is $20 and comes with a new Netflix like service for classic games....sounds better than getting some forgettable indie games every month.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
probably because Sony and MS didnt have a single noteworthy game for a year. The online is $20 and comes with a new Netflix like service for classic games....sounds better than getting some forgettable indie games every month.
I don't know what games you play but 2k,COD, battlefield and Madden are always noteworthy

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Nintendo has been clear from the jump that the Switch will not replace the 3DS.
Not sure where you guys have been getting your information from.

:mjlol: I asked OP several times where he got this info, when Nintendo said them selves it wasn't meant to replace the DS, yet he keeps bringing it up.

:mjlol: announce a new 2DS and then completely abandon it, brehs. Smartest move ever...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
:mjlol: I asked OP several times where he got this info, when Nintendo said them selves it wasn't meant to replace the DS, yet he keeps bringing it up.

:mjlol: announce a new 2DS and then completely abandon it, brehs. Smartest move ever...
I said it was a myth that fans were running around with. I never said Nintendo reported this

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
The myth comes from how Nintendo pretty much hedges their bets with the gba and the release of the DS.

Nintendo claimed the ds wasn't a game boy successor and that they would be a 3 pillar system. I believe the gBA even got another iteration (mirco) after the release of the ds as well as some big games.

this is the rationale I saw when the switch was first announced.