Does the Pokemon announcement end the myth that the Switch will have this unified library?

Here4Lauryn

Banned
Daps
Ever since the announcement of the Switch people have been saying that Nintendo will combat the droughts that plagued its past systems by having handheld and console developers make games for 1 system instead of two.

Nintendo has never said this would be the case but it has been long held as fact by much of the pro nintendo gaming community

So Yesterday we get a announcement of new Pokemon games that are NOT coming to the switch:gucci:

The question is in the title.:yeshrug:

Why would a company release such when they can't even keep their hardware on the shelves? That would be the most dumb and ignorant business decision. Nintendo can't even keep "Switches" on the shelves, so why would they release a new Pokemon RPG, right now?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

I'm a hardcore Nintendo fan, but we in a drought. A bad one. Our next really good title on the horizon is Mario. Arms and Splatoon is overrated trash.

Got no VC
Got no apps or Sub
Nintendo fans desperately calling arms/splatoon 1.5 as big games
Can't even get ports for classic Nintendo games like in Megaman Collection 2.
Trying to charge $40 for SF2 when Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 is dropping.

This shyt isn't a good sign. Can't even get a port of the Pokemon games because of some stupid reason by gamefreak.

nintendo.jpg

e3.jpg

9AM PT, JUNE 13

jump-to-conclusions.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The Switch came out in March and they have; Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Mario, Splatoon, Pokken Tournament, Monster Hunter (Release date TBA but likely very soon)...
How many AAA exclusive does XBOX One have this year so far, and confirmed for the remainder 2017?
I know some of you will dismiss these games with the typical "I don't care about those games" that stans love to say, but the fact is, you can't call something a drought if it clearly has games.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I thought this idea died after the conference?

Nintendo never confirmed or denied it.

How does this end it?

What drought? Arms releases in a week and Splatoon 2 next month.

E3 is next week, at least wait till then to see what's officially confirmed for later this year.

Premature thread.

You assume that just because you have a Switch you will play and love Arms and Splatoon 2 until Mario comes out.

Gaming doesn't work like that.

They need more games and more variety of games.

me and my friend had an argument about this last month or so. nintendo has successfully cornered the handheld market. sony isn't gonna give it another go. so why unify all that potential money into one system?

the switch is still a 300$ console, portable or not. moving franchises and other types of games calls for more development time/money/better graphics/more features. I was of the thought that they wouldn't be just taking flagship titles like pokemon and moving it to the switch because that takes away from handheld sales and so far it seems I'm right.

even if that's what they eventually plan to do, the switch still has to show and prove and have staying power. immediately phasing out the 3ds and potential future handhelds would be foolish.

I do think it's bad business like you were saying but the notion that Nintendo would have 1 system to develop for was why everyone was saying the Switch will be different from WII U and others when it comes to software output
Why would a company release such when they can't even keep their hardware on the shelves? That would be the most dumb and ignorant business decision. Nintendo can't even keep "Switches" on the shelves, so why would they release a new Pokemon RPG, right now?
Nintendo is the only company where fans talk about strategically releasing games

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You assume that just because you have a Switch you will play and love Arms and Splatoon 2 until Mario comes out.

They need more games and more variety of games.
Hey let's flip the script :troll::

You assume that you will play and love (Insert any game here) until (INSERT BIG AAA GAME) comes out.

They need more games and more variety of games because a open world adventure, TPS, fighter, RPG, kart racer and sports games isn't varied enough. :francis:

Idk from what I've seen it feels like there's a ton of variety for the Switch.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
The Switch came out in March and they have; Zelda, Mario Kart, Arms, Mario, Splatoon, Pokken Tournament, Monster Hunter (Release date TBA but likely very soon)...
How many AAA exclusive does XBOX One have this year so far, and confirmed for the remainder 2017?
I know some of you will dismiss these games with the typical "I don't care about those games" that stans love to say, but the fact is, you can't call something a drought if it clearly has games.
:dwillhuh: what does this have to do with the X1

I'm not sure what your point is actually. I didn't say the Switch doesn't have games on the way

I'm asking can we dead the idea of all developers for Nintendo focusing on making games for 1 console

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
3DS has a long life in front of it. We’ve already announced games that will be launching in the first couple quarters of this year. There are a number of big games coming. And in our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side. You’re going to be meeting different price points, you’re going to be meeting different types of consumers, you’re going to have the newest, freshest content available on Nintendo Switch, you’ve got a thousand-game library available on Nintendo 3DS, plus some key new ones coming. They’re going to coexist just fine. We’ve done this before, managing two different systems.
Nintendo says the Switch won't replace the 3DS - ExtremeTech
Nintendo has been clear from the jump that the Switch will not replace the 3DS.
Not sure where you guys have been getting your information from.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:dwillhuh: what does this have to do with the X1

I'm not sure what your point is actually. I didn't say the Switch doesn't have games on the way

I'm asking can we dead the idea of all developers for Nintendo focusing on making games for 1 console
I brought up XB1 only in comparison to the statement in this thread that the Switch is in a drought.
As far as "can we dead the idea of all developers for Nintendo focusing on making games for 1 console" who is saying this? Nintendo has been clear from the jump.
This thread screams strawman.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
People are also forgetting that the GBA got support until 2008, 4 years after the DS came out.

Also Pokémon B&W2 came out on the DS while the 3DS was out for a year. Hell the announcement then is beat for beat similar to the US&UM announcement.

Nintendo, as bytch made as they are, are not quick to drop hardware as soon as possible when a successor is out, (unless it's the Wii U) especially if they're still selling well.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
People are also forgetting that the GBA got support until 2008, 4 years after the DS came out.

Also Pokémon B&W2 came out on the DS while the 3DS was out for a year. Hell the announcement then is beat for beat similar to the US&UM announcement.

Nintendo are not quick to drop hardware as soon as possible, especially if they're still selling well.
Unless it's the Wii U :beli:

Daps
No, but it does solidify that Nintendo will milk the shyt out of its fans :mjlol:

I remember at the beginning of this gen, ppl lambasted sony and msft for releasing remasters and ports, while praising Nintendo for releasing orginal content on the wii u.

Switch releases with ports, remasters, and classic titles and every one loses their mind for it :wow:

Then they trying to charge you to play online and pacify them with snes games. :stopitslime:
It makes business sense but it's annoying

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
it's a rehash of an existing Pokemon game and VC releases of DS pokemon games.

It's easier to update an existing 3DS game than it is to create a new one.

and Gamefreak are lazy as fukk in general. Their initial excuse was Pokemon was strictly portable, now it's the hardware is too complex.