Does Size matter in a fight? Mighty Mouse submitting 260lb man in OP

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
That has literally happened though mighty mouse is a career 125er and submitted a 260 pound brown belt, you have no idea what you are talking about :dahell:

I just posted this in the OP. These dudes are morons.

THANK YOU!

When he said 120lb judoka I immediately thought of Mighty Mouse too, he's one of the most skilled and high-IQ fighters I've ever seen. I had no idea that he'd actually faced a 260 lb fighter before, that's awesome.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
D3N8ZxA34g0ycZU3JL.webp

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If skill level is similar yes, if it is not it don’t matter.

A 130 lb boxer or grappler will clobber a 220 lber.
This…. People really are dumb or just haven’t seen real street fights. I’ve seen short, tall, skinny and big, pause, get knocked out

Edit: add to it, the average person doesn’t even know how to throw a proper power punch

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Might mouse against anybody damn naer ain't fair, let alone a slow lumbering asd lower belt.........Why people watching dudes get fed to mighty noise and think that's a good example? That side is top tier against anybody and the case is being made using basically a human jungle gym they have him to toy with....... with all the extra body on that giant might mouse can literally invent new submissions to lock his extremities in........ white Jesus Christy guys........ literally the fairest comparisons you can probably use is football players matching up the different skill positions....... fitness across allpositions is above normal to superhuman with that in mind size differences are less unequal due to other factors.......

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
THANK YOU!

When he said 120lb judoka I immediately thought of Mighty Mouse too, he's one of the most skilled and high-IQ fighters I've ever seen. I had no idea that he'd actually faced a 260 lb fighter before, that's awesome.

Yeah he's doing competitive BJJ now and breaking down fights on his channel (his break downs are great.)

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Might mouse against anybody damn naer ain't fair, let alone a slow lumbering asd lower belt.........Why people watching dudes get fed to mighty noise and think that's a good example?

Look at the person we're responding to. He claimed a 120lb judoka couldn't possibly take out a 270lb athlete even if that person didn't know how to fight at all.

We weren't claiming that size doesn't matter, we were just pointing out that a large enough skill imbalance can overcome any size imbalance.

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
Look at the person we're responding to. He claimed a 120lb judoka couldn't possibly take out a 270lb athlete even if that person didn't know how to fight at all.

We weren't claiming that size doesn't matter, we were just pointing out that a large enough skill imbalance can overcome any size imbalance.
Right right..... definitely a sliding scale.......I'm want to take the 270 athlete up to a certain level of skill and even then I'm asking what sport the athlete plays. I can see where breh is coming from though........it's definitely some techniques that outta the question for the 120 if they doing judo........

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Right right..... definitely a sliding scale.......I'm want to take the 270 athlete up to a certain level of skill and even then I'm asking what sport the athlete plays. I can see where breh is coming from though........it's definitely some techniques that outta the question for the 120 if they doing judo........
But not for a 120 BJJ practitioner. None that matters anyway.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I think in general that's really a funny/overlooked question. Everyone likes to say basketball or football have the best athletes in the world, but that's only for sports that have those rules because those sports are human-defined. Some person invented a competition that says "the target is 10 feet above the ground", then of course you want players to be tall. However, those same tall players would make horrible gymnasts and ice skaters/figure skaters as Physics indicates the longer your are the slower you turn.

The best rifle shooters in the world are actually women and it's not a surprise when women actually dominate rifle shooting teams. One of the most lethal snipers of all-time is a woman (Lyudmila Pavlichenko "Lady Death") and most of Russia's best WW2 snipers that drove the Nazi's back were women. That's not because anyone "gave them an opportunity" either. People also point out to delicate handling like watchmaking, soldering, operation procedures, etc. women are also better because of small hands being steadier hands that can work in tighter spaces and women have finer motor control than men on average.

Last edited:

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope this is a massive wakeup call for breh in the red shorts, gut hanging out, falling out like a Loony Toon character, wheezing for his life while the world watches, pitiful stuff.

Mighty Mouse is a legit legend, I'll take him over anyone bigger than him especially if they're not as skilled as him

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I think in general that's really a funny/overlooked question. Everyone likes to say basketball or football have the best athletes in the world,

Who says basketball? :why:

Basketball doesn't have even close to the best athletes because the height requirements alone eliminate 95% of the great athletes, and the skill requirements on top of that mean that athleticism only gets you so far there.

Football, though, is one of the best places in the world for a good athlete to end up because it requires such a range of athletic skills, not as much non-athletic skill, AND pays more than almost anything else.

If you're talking people under 5'10", though, you're probably most likely to find the great athletes in fighting sports.