Does Serena Have any Real Friends Any More?

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
It really is sad man

She was bad as hell

Working at Nike WHQ, I heard rumors of white women executives talking big shyt about her from her looks to her body.

Which is wild because Serena has the biggest building on campus now. I think LeBron’s building is the second largest on the property, but the fact that a black woman athlete has the biggest building for Nike doesn’t sit well for a lot of people.

All of that shyt is jealousy and insecurity on their part and I’m so sad that Serena bought into all of that.
You know all these masculine look talk end up gettng to her.

High level tennis is a very exclusive field (not a lot of black). She was young and surrounded by all these young white women who were being praised for their look and her was getting shytted on; she must have suffered.

It's very sad. I can"t even blame her.

I will never let my daughter in those type of environment. I don't care how talented she is.

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
white women are the standard of beauty in society, the archetype against which all other women are judged. you don’t have to move within white circles to be inundated with the societal adoration of white women.

and, black men aren’t immune from the effects of that, as seen on this supposedly “black” forum.

:unimpressed:

yeah but white women cutting their faces up as well. i think the issue is even more broad - the fact that there is a standard of beauty in the first place

2 one 3

wavy
Daps
Reppin
Westside
What do you mean by "building" do they have full buildings dedicated to working on those top line athletes? Never read up on Nike WHQ or their processes

Yes ,

The Serena Williams building

It’s one of the new technologically advanced innovative buildings that Nike broke ground for construction on around 2018.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
If you put make up on a pig its still a pig.

Again, its about people feelin like they need to compensate for their insecurities about their shade.

She does NOT look good at ALL. Theres a reason she jumped to white guys, cuz black dudes werent into her or her sister. Theyve always been manly, muscular lookin ugly broads. It is what it is.
:mjlol: there's multiple threads on here of brehs thirsting over her before all the work

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
51iz24shhgL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

:francis:

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
I gotta be careful how I word this just in case they somehow see this post. I know a black woman who is friends with her.

On one hand, this friend is cool, or at least she can be to some people. But since she's also in that celeb/mega-influencer space, she's fake as fukk when it comes down to it. She's tight with several celebrities and is a B-list celeb herself. People like that aren't trustworthy. Like if you weren't close family or real tight before the fame you would have to wonder why she's even around you. She's only trying to be around rich, powerful people and/or bigger celebrities who can increase her brand. People like that aren't your friends. They are around you as long as they can use you in their mind.

If someone like Selena is out here dropping the ball doing stupid shyt a "friend" like her will be smiling and grinning in her face so they can get in VIP events and ride the yacht or whatever else they gain from having rich and famous friends. I've seen it firsthand. They are not going to tell you don't get plastic surgery, you don't need it, or its just going to mess up your face. Even the so-called black friends won't say a peep. They are only around to leech off of these people and/or increase their own brand by being associated with celebs.

They stay grinning in these people's faces. They can do no wrong. Most of them have no real friends. Family is on the payroll so they have nobody around them that will keep it real.
This guy, based on your first paragraph I thought you were about to say something :mjlol: