Daps
friday-ice-cube.gif

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
I'm getting older (40) and I've never had someone seriously close to me pass away. I was thinking, when someone close to you dies, do you as a person change? Or do you just keep their memory alive and move on with the life.

Does it change you mentally?
Does it makes you more cautious?
More mature?

I think it depends on the significance of that person and what role they played in your life.

The thing that changed me was my grandmother dying 16 years ago. My grandparents raised me and my brother. It wasn't about keeping her memory alive. It was more like "I hope she's proud of me".

She's a big part of the reason why I pushed myself as hard as I did after I got out the Navy.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"When you die, they don't miss you. They just remember you." -- Jadakiss

:wow:

Having someone close to you pass away probably changes your perspective on life. However you define living and what gives life meaning or purpose, it's probably different once you lose someone.

In that sense, it changes you, I think.

Daps
it makes me sad when i think about it. but i'm still the same person. but if my immediate family member dies i'm sure i will be depressed.

i've been depressed before and i think i was still the same person... like nobody told me "you seem different" or anything like that. but i was just crying all day every day tho

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
DEATH CHANGES YOU A LITTLE IN SO MANY WAYS. IT CAN BRING CLARITY ON PRIORITIES. IT CAN MAKE YOU BITTER. IT CAN MAKE YOU SPIRITUAL OR PUSH YOU AWAY.

DEATH IS ONE THING NOBODAY HAS ANY CONTROL OVER AND NOBODY KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS AFTER IT. WE ALL JUST HAVE BELIEFS ABOUT IT.

IT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU AND THERE IS NOTHING ANYBODY CAN DO. SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT.