Does Buffy the Vampire Slayer still hold up in 2022?

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Yes. Although it's still a cult tv series and the first season is hard for new viewers to get through. As a big Angel/Buffy fan myself, I watched a young youtuber named After Show Reactions react to Buffy/Angel and was amazed at how she was pulled into the series. It's the only time I ever subscribed to a patreon channel.

I love the Angelus/Spike season of Buffy and would watch it today.

And then I would fast forward to the Faith/Mayor season

And then I would start watching Angel starting with season 3 I think it is? Whichever season Darla has Connor.
How you gon' skip Angel season 2? :gucci:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I dunno, but i used to watch the OG 1992 movie all the time whenever it'd come on during random weekends in the 90s.. i forget if it was cable or one of those premium hbo / cinemax channels. I enjoyed it, but granted i was like 9, and haven't seen it since so it very well could've been trash.

As far as the Sarah Michelle Gellar one that became the definitive "Buffy"... i only watched the first season or so... and tbh I liked the intro song more than i liked the show itself... but the characters were alright and the tension/dynamic between Buffy/Angel was interesting..

...but again, i was probably 11 or 12 at this point and Kimberly/Tommy from MMPR was probably my standard for quality romance and character development :skip:

I also haven't watched a single CW superhero show but i feel Buffy was probably a pioneer for them shyts. It did feel like a popular and unique show at the time.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
watched it about 3 years ago.

it holds up, but it really depends on your taste. I rolled my eyes a lot during the high school seasons but I still found them enjoyable. the show gets better as it goes along which is always a plus.

one thing the series is very good at are the emotional and character drama moments and that goes for the whole series

Daps
Yes. Although it's still a cult tv series and the first season is hard for new viewers to get through. As a big Angel/Buffy fan myself, I watched a young youtuber named After Show Reactions react to Buffy/Angel and was amazed at how she was pulled into the series. It's the only time I ever subscribed to a patreon channel.

I dont remember what happened in s2 if I'm being honest. Its been over 20 years :russ:

But I do remember that the show didn't get really good until the Darla pregnancy saga.

I was always a fan but the show got GOOD good during that saga :ohhh::whoo:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

IMO, none of Angel should be skipped but I guess it's acceptable to start around an ep. before Wesley appears.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I dont remember what happened in s2 if I'm being honest. Its been over 20 years :russ:

But I do remember that the show didn't get really good until the Darla pregnancy saga.

I was always a fan but the show got GOOD good during that saga :ohhh::whoo:

Season 2 had a lot of big moments. Holland Manner's elevator speech alone makes the season unskippable. :wow: