Does Buffy the Vampire Slayer still hold up in 2022?

Hostile

All Star
Daps
I dont remember what happened in s2 if I'm being honest. Its been over 20 years :russ:

But I do remember that the show didn't get really good until the Darla pregnancy saga.

I was always a fan but the show got GOOD good during that saga :ohhh::whoo:
Angel taking on peak Wolfram & Hart, Drusilla & Darla. W&H was a joke in season 3. It's still good but it's not the season I would have a guy start with as it feels too much like a soap opera compared to the other seasons.
I hated when they retconned Buffy's sister into the show :beli:

Spoiler below

If I'm not mistaken, didn't her mom get killed cause of the not-daughter?:martin:
That's a theory. In the show they say she died from natural causes but there were things that happened that made fans think otherwise.

Daps
When Angelus gets unleashed :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

I loved all the Angelus episodes. Mans was a killing machine, pure evil.

Had everybody on the block shook when he touched down on the bricks :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

When he accidentally brought the sun back after killing ole boy :pachaha:

Almost put Faith in the hospital with his shenanigans :pachaha:

When he was toying with Buffy :pachaha:

When he heard a slayer was in town and he was like :ohhh:"she's here":mjlit:

Only to call her house and find out it was the other one. Mans was :martin:

When he took Drusilla from Spike like :manny::mjlit:

Mans was a menace :russ:

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Only reason is doesn't "hold up" is because it feels like you've seen every trope in it a million times.

But that's cause you have. Buffy/Angel spawned a million tropes.

Buffy and Dragonball Z are like the parents of modern cinema, IMO

I don't mind well worn tropes if the storytelling and characterization is on point. I just worry about :russell: filler episodes since network tv seasons tend to be 20+ episodes long.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
yeah that was good

so do i watch Angel after Buffy?

You can sort of watch them together. Watch the first 3 seasons of Buffy first and then start Angel. They have a few crossover episodes.

As for filler, IIRC both shows have a good amount of them but IMO Angel manages them better and they're only a problem for the first season.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
though she's a Trump CAC, the original Buffy (Kristy Swanson) was one of the GOAT white bytches in the 90s.

Her and Ashley Judd are my two faves of those times.
:takedat:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Though the slang/look is dated the actual core of the show and the stories themselves still hold up very well.