Does being a black prosecutor, judge, police officer make you a sellout?

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
with my dad being a cop ain't no way I would get into that field, field cop/CO is one of the shyttier jobs you could ever get into

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To be fair, if you an civil servant or in the military, it's about the same.
Most people w./ govt jobs are just trying to get checks, I can't hate
:manny:
Plus you inadvertently assisting this system, when you pay taxes. I get what you saying, but not all cops are c00ns, some just their because it ain't that many opportunities for us.

Pretty much everything you just said I agree with and have said for years. We all support the Beast because if we don't, we'll be locked up by doing things like not paying taxes etc. A government job/military is kind of the same thing, but I think it's a bit different. For one, every country needs a military, it's just our military is used for evil rather than the true defense of this country. If someone is the type that's joining up to actually go and fight wars and whatnot, then they are just like police and evil as hell. If you realize all this stuff is bullshyt and it's really only a check to sustain yourself, then ok. Plus, cops play an active role in destroying Black communities, so I can't equate them with the military at all.

King Poetic

Black Coast Island
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
i cant blame alot of cops for stupid nikkas mistakes

there are more nikkas locked up cause there so called friends snitch on them or they leave evidence like gun casings or fingerprints on the scene..

its 2013 and fukking technology is way better than it was back in the day and nikkas continue to push drugs and commit crimes

i hate cops but majority of the time they only get u cause your friends snitch.. check first 48

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Actually in my younger days I was arrested for carding when I was 17. Luckily I was a young offender and just got community service.

I then studied law and society at university, for into law school (dropped out) , have worked at a family court, a criminal court and volunteered. Working with lawyers preparing documents and case files for over 4 years. So trust me I know what I'm talking about :manny:

My main point is, alot of dudes get several chances and they just dont care. Jail only affects ppll like me, somebody who has something to lose. most of the time the system doesnt come down hard on first offenders. They tend to give you a break.

We should be more concern about our brothers that keep putting themselves in that position to begin with( n before somebody comes in here with some stat about white ppl getting locked up just as much but dont get charged, im not worried about them.)

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I mean knowing that the justice system takes pleasure in locking up and/or controlling black males, by playing a part in this and living off the spoils of your work, what do you think brehs?

Approximately 12%-13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 40.1% of the almost 2.1 million male inmates in jail or prison (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009).[1] Census data for 2000 of the number and race of all individuals incarcerated in the United States revealed a wide racial disproportion of the incarcerated population in each state: the proportion of blacks in prison populations exceeded the proportion among state residents in twenty states; the percent of blacks incarcerated was five times greater than the resident population.

Statistics by age group

A black male born in 1991 has a 29% chance of spending time in prison at some point in his life.

Nearly one in three African American males aged 20–29 are under some form of criminal justice supervision whether imprisoned, jailed, on parole or probation.

One out of nine African American men will be incarcerated between the ages of 20 and 34.
Black males ages 30 to 34 have the highest incarceration rate of any race/ethnicity.
(According to America Community Survey.)
:snoop:

As blak people we NEED blacks to infiltrate every aspect of the system. Its for CHECKS AND BALANCES.

Imagine if there were

• Absolutely NO (ZERO) black judges
  • Absolutely NO (ZERO) black cops
  • Absolutely NO (ZERO) blacks in the military
  • Absolutely NO (ZERO) blacks in the government

Now YOU tell me HOW do you think we would be better off if the above scenario were the case?
Dont worry i'll wait

Raava

Staff member
Daps
They are convicting.

Example cops, I remember when I was arrestedat 17, my friend at the time was white he was arrested to and had marijuana on him. The cops just threw away the marijuana because he was a clean cut white white boy going to university in 4 months.

Was the cop black or white?

While there is no proof, I do think if there were more black people there would be more leeway for other blacks like there is for whites. It's about balance. A cop catching you with weed and doing what that cop did for your friend because you were just a kid with weed and didn't need to ruin your life vs. a different cop assuming you were a thug because you are black.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
There used to be a time when all judges, cops and prosecutors were white.
Knowledge is power.
I've worked with black cops and black judges. Black cops were just like white cops, but not prejudiced. There were prejudiced white cops who were tough on the black cops. Tough as in how they judged them and the work they did. Nit pick this and that. But they treated white suspects the same as black suspects. You wouldn't know it unless you saw it day to day. Cops who let things slide, like throwing away pot and giving a warning rather than getting an arrest were lazy. They just didn't want to do the paperwork. Seriously, didn't matter if you were white or black, if you got a lazy cop at the end of his shift, you had a 60% of not getting arrested for a misdemeanor. If it was a felony, then there's a 95% chance he'll do it or a 5% chance he'll ask another cop to take over the incident.
There was one black judge who was the top judge in the county circuit court. He had a strong pimp hand and was equal when dealing with white or black offenders.