Does being a black prosecutor, judge, police officer make you a sellout?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I mean knowing that the justice system takes pleasure in locking up and/or controlling black males, by playing a part in this and living off the spoils of your work, what do you think brehs?

Approximately 12%-13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 40.1% of the almost 2.1 million male inmates in jail or prison (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009).[1] Census data for 2000 of the number and race of all individuals incarcerated in the United States revealed a wide racial disproportion of the incarcerated population in each state: the proportion of blacks in prison populations exceeded the proportion among state residents in twenty states; the percent of blacks incarcerated was five times greater than the resident population.

Statistics by age group

A black male born in 1991 has a 29% chance of spending time in prison at some point in his life.

Nearly one in three African American males aged 20–29 are under some form of criminal justice supervision whether imprisoned, jailed, on parole or probation.

One out of nine African American men will be incarcerated between the ages of 20 and 34.
Black males ages 30 to 34 have the highest incarceration rate of any race/ethnicity.
(According to America Community Survey.)

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Hah. I thought about making this same thread. anybody who says yes hates black people.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean knowing that the justice system takes pleasure in locking up and/or controlling black males, by playing a part in this and living off the spoils of your work, what do you think brehs?

Approximately 12%-13% of the American population is African-American, but they make up 40.1% of the almost 2.1 million male inmates in jail or prison (U.S. Department of Justice, 2009).[1] Census data for 2000 of the number and race of all individuals incarcerated in the United States revealed a wide racial disproportion of the incarcerated population in each state: the proportion of blacks in prison populations exceeded the proportion among state residents in twenty states; the percent of blacks incarcerated was five times greater than the resident population.

Statistics by age group

A black male born in 1991 has a 29% chance of spending time in prison at some point in his life.

Nearly one in three African American males aged 20–29 are under some form of criminal justice supervision whether imprisoned, jailed, on parole or probation.

One out of nine African American men will be incarcerated between the ages of 20 and 34.
Black males ages 30 to 34 have the highest incarceration rate of any race/ethnicity.
(According to America Community Survey.)

:whoo:

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
I understand the whole stigma that comes with being a black cop but how else can the system change if everybody who is a part of it is white? If u have a cop patrolling a black neighborhood who do u want it to be, a nikka who grew up in that community or some racist shook ass white cop who knows nobody in the hood and is more liable to shoot out of fear if some shyt goes down. Its amazing blacck folks are quick to bytch about system then do everything in their power to avoid being a part of the change.

LionofJudah

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I understand the whole stigma that comes with being a black cop but how else can the system change if everybody who is a part of it is white? If u have a cop patrolling a black neighborhood who do u want it to be, a nikka who grew up in that community or some racist shook ass white cop who knows nobody in the hood and is more liable to shoot out of fear if some shyt goes down. Its amazing blacck folks are quick to bytch about system then do everything int heir

Black cops are WORSE than dealing with white cops because they want to show those CACs they aren't like you in any shape or form. I hate Black cops more than white ones.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I agree for the younger cops, the older black cops who aren't on the beat , etc. I have no problems with.

Black cops are WORSE than dealing with white cops because they want to show those CACs they aren't like you in any shape or form. I hate Black cops more than white ones.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I don't think it is a sell out type thing. I am tired of black people denying themselves opportunities or certain things, because it's "selling out" or "bourgeois". I would think things would be more fair if their was more balance within the judicial system. You can't change things from the outside. At the same time there are those who work in the judicial system that try to go as hard as the white people.

More black people should be working in law to change things and more black people should be mentoring/working in the community to stop the cycle.

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I understand the whole stigma that comes with being a black cop but how else can the system change if everybody who is a part of it is white? If u have a cop patrolling a black neighborhood who do u want it to be, a nikka who grew up in that community or some racist shook ass white cop who knows nobody in the hood and is more liable to shoot out of fear if some shyt goes down. Its amazing blacck folks are quick to bytch about system then do everything in their power to avoid being a part of the change.

a PIG is a different breed tho...no matter what race

they not there to protect you...they there to watch you

i rather the community do the policing in the black neighborhood ourselves

public humiliation type shyt...how those villages do in them other countries

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
You caan be a lawyer not a prosecutor. A parole officer, probation officer not a cop.

I don't think it is a sell out type thing. I am tired of black people denying themselves opportunities or certain things, because it's "selling out" or "bourgeois". I would think things would be more fair if their was more balance within the judicial system. You can't change things from the outside. At the same time there are those who work in the judicial system that try to go as hard as the white people.

More black people should be working in law to change things and more black people should be mentoring/working in the community to stop the cycle.