Does anyone here practice the original Ethiopian form of Christianity?

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
:ehh:
How much different is it from Protestantism or Catholicism

:jbhmm:
I'm interested in it from the "Academic" perspective of observing a brand of Christianity free of later cac baggage.

Think of physics class when doing vector forces...
k8.jpg

....once you know/theorize what happens free of one particular force you can better understand what the other forces are doing.​

In this case you are better able to understand what Christianity can be free of alot of the roman Catholic / Protestant baggage.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Get These Nets said:
Orthodox Church probably follows a bible that is longer, before books were edited out.

Books weren't edited out. They accepted books/writings that Western Christians didn't, but the whole 'You must use ONLY these books to be considered a true Christian' is a false narrative that is actually falsified within the text, itself. A bunch of Western Christians, for example, considered Enoch canonical.

Books didn't really matter, theological reasoning did.

:snooze:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Books weren't edited out. They accepted books/writings that Western Christians didn't, but the whole 'You must use ONLY these books to be considered a true Christian' is a false narrative. A bunch of Western Christians, for example, considered Enoch canonical.

Elaborate on that last part. Also do you practice ?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
The Hierophant said:
Elaborate on that last part. Also do you practice ?

Just look into the Arian controversy. The problem with him was his theological reasoning as he believed that the 'Son' was not 'eternal' in the past with the 'Father'. That is what lead to the Council of Nicea. Had nothing to do with which books he or anyone else considered 'canonical'.​

No, I don't practice. The majority of my family are Baptists.​

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Books weren't edited out. They accepted books/writings that Western Christians didn't, but the whole 'You must use ONLY these books to be considered a true Christian' is a false narrative that is actually falsified within the text, itself. A bunch of Western Christians, for example, considered Enoch canonical.

I think the Orthodox Church also denied the Council of Chalcedon which means that they do not agree that Jesus is both God and Human at the same time.