Does anyone else miss the blog rap/blog rock era?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lil B was the goat blog era rapper. His buzz was completely organic and based off of blogs and his own YouTube account and the notoriety of his antics. Kendrick and Cole were industry plants in comparison. :usure:Lil B was a mainstream troll on one song and a 90’s type underground backpack spitter on the next. The blog era was dope because it was reminiscent of that underground 90’s feel where you had to hunt to find slept on good music not everyone was up on. To this day, some of Lil B’s best songs aren’t anywhere near cracking a million views on YouTube.

Daps
09-10 XXL freshman covers >>>

2009-xxl-freshman.jpg

xxl-freshman-2010-cover-2.jpg
yoooo I forgot about B.o.B

:ohlawd::ohlawd: This Lupe verse still gets me

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
:ehh:

Notable etc’s

MGMT, Metronome, Tame Impala, TV on the Radio … etc.

LCD Soundsystem :wow:

Sound of Silver is one of the albums I use to test new speakers along with Steely Dan's Gaucho and Chronic 2001. That album and This is Happening is some of the best produced / mixed / mastered music in any genre

Daps
The dope thing about this era was that there was a type of rap for everybody and biting really wasn’t happening at that time among other artists.

Those blog era rappers mixed 90s golden era rap with the style of the 00s and put their own twist on it.

I consider it another golden era and like somebody said that shyt all changed when Chief Keef’s I don’t like came out.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
The dope thing about this era was that there was a type of rap for everybody and biting really wasn’t happening at that time among other artists.

Those blog era rappers mixed 90s golden era rap with the style of the 00s and put their own twist on it.

I consider it another golden era and like somebody said that shyt all changed when Chief Keef’s I don’t like came out.

Keef single handily made people regress on lyrics (yet again) in 2012. And it was done on purpose to counteract against Kendrick and Cole and Wale.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Oh yeah and Blu, damn shame he was doing all that, I liked a few of his songs with Exile
Even her favorite colo(u)r

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps

Keef single handily made people regress on lyrics (yet again) in 2012. And it was done on purpose to counteract against Kendrick and Cole and Wale.
I sorta considered Chief Keef the tail end of the blog rap era. An outlier of sorts like Alice In Chains (which started as a hair metal band) in the grunge scene but still apart of blog rap. I think the last vestiges of blog rap ended with the rise of Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yachty in 2015.

KamikazePilot

Superstar
Daps
Keef came out with Back From the dead, Finally Rich and AlmightySo :wow::wow::wow: kilt all that suburban white boy raps

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
Last era that hip hop felt fresh :yeshrug:

Still not that great though outside a few acts

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Hell No, this the era that killed Rap. After the Kanye/50 stand off and Kanye won. All these non street, weirdo rappers flooded the market.

The best rappers from that period is:

Kendrick
Wale
Drake
Cole
Cudi

Would be unnoticed in era before.
You forgot curren$y big Krit wiz khalifa smoke dza Nipsey hustle Dom Kennedy problem Jay rock

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
That era was some bullshyt…I stuck to what I knew(Future, Meek, Young Thug, Big Sean, and a few others)
I can’t imagine a weird white man or white publications being an authority of hip hop, and nikkas wanting their co-sign

blog rock era to me is when absolutepunk was around 2005-2008/9
Meek young thug and big Sean are blog era rappers :snoop:

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
WIZ WAS SUCH A LET DOWN OVERALL. HIS MIXTAPE ERA WAS LEGENDARY. HE FIZZLED OUT SO EARLY AFTER GETTING ON.

I WAS DISAPPOINTED BUT HAPPY BREH GOT THAT NATIONAL PUSH .
Wiz has been killing it underground for a couple years now

He's back to the how fly era wiz.

The problem is that fool tries to make anthems and shyt

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
MGMT first album was my favourite non-rap or rnb release from that era.

It's better than the Soundscan era (terrible, terrible era - but the underground was decent), Soundcloud era or Streaming era.

It's the only era with a free for all for samples and with quality as a big measure.