Does anybody here hype up games they barely played?

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just wonderin if people judge a game based off of less than half a dozen hours. or you try to get some significant time into a release before judging?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Not I. The only time I'll hype a game up before playing it is games that have shown enough footage before release that I can make conscious decision to be hype for it and buy it. If it's been released, I'll continue to hype if if I've actually sat down and played it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just wonderin if people judge a game based off of less than half a dozen hours. or you try to get some significant time into a release before judging?

I’ve already put like 12 hours into Returnal even though I’m still in the first level :francis:

I think thats enough time to know whether or not you vibe with a game. To answer the question, sometimes I’ll get hype off a game during the first few hours and then change my mind like i have with like say....Transistor. Indie games a lot of times can be deceiving cause they have great mechanics or a gimmick but will prove ot be shallow in a lot of other areas. It really doesn’t take me a long time at all to decide whether or not I like a game.

Hype is really about the anticipation. Thats why people say E3 is gamer christmas because its about announcement of games and not the release of games. Game discussion and culture thrives off whats coming, not whats here