Doctors out here treating fat patients like shyt ... funny but fukked up article

Musty

Banned
Daps
I’m curious about the 1200 calorie a day statement.

Most doctors aren’t well versed on nutrition. A nutritionist will always ALWAYS give better dietary guidance than a physician.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Good. Fat people have no respect for themselves so why should anybody else respect them?.....They're a disgrace to life and I'm dead ass serious. I have no problem at all with fat people being discriminated against in every aspect. To be fat just let's everybody know you're weak hearted person with no self control.
They should me shame into losing weight, instead of this fat-acceptance movement going on.

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
When my patients come in, they gotta use the shyt they they weight the whales with :mjlol:

They legitimately expect clinics to spend hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars on specialized equipment for the sole purpose of scanning a few Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon sized motherfukkers. That whole "fat acceptance movement" has really mindfukked people.

Musty

Banned
Daps
A question tho....for the “oh well they should stop bein fat” rhetoric....

Should doctors be this dismissive of other patients whose fukkery lands them into their medical care? A gang member who was shot? A person who caused a car accident?

Daps
Here's my problem with this bad genetics argument....why is it we never see obese people in starving nations? If it's bad genetics, wouldnt we see obese people in burma, or other malnourished 3rd world nations?

Sometimes the accurate answer, is the most simple one. People who are obese, almost always, consume WAY more calories than they burn.

Simple.

One thing I've always noticed...regardless of how much a person works out: skinny people "think" they eat a lot, but actually eat very little when they count their calories. Medium sized people (I'm in this category), can eat a lot or a little but we generally know when we've had too much...makes us like feel shyt.

Big people "think" they eat 2000 calories a day, but actually consume 3500+ without realizing it. Late night snacks plus soda and no exercise can add up fast.

The perception of how much you've eaten definitely seems genetic. Lean people don't really have great discipline...they just tend to eat less than they THINK they do.

P90

Automatic Ultra Reflex
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk where I’m from / Bahston where I’m at
They have bariatric surgery centers in academic hospitals that are designed to accommodate these patients, from wheel chairs to CT scanners, big ol waiting room seats, operating tables, etc. Its not like the 90s where they’d send some people to the zoo to get CT scans.

KinksandCoils

African American Queen
Daps
Reppin
Locker room
Because all other addictions, people are told to take responsibility to get clean. Food "addiction" is blamed on the companies, genetics and/or medical conditions. And doctors, in this case, are looked at to be saviors.
Never heard an alcoholic or coke head given the genectics excuse or demand a doctor look for other reasons why their organs are not functioning properly have you?
Your statement doesn’t mean shyt compared to what i just said.

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Your statement doesn’t mean shyt compared to what i just said.
Uh.. You were comparing food addiction to other addictions. I broke it down for you. Don't dismiss it just because you don't have a response when presented with the truth