Doctor Calls CPS after Couple Gives Birth At Home and Baby Gets Sick...Whose Side You On?

Braman

Superstar
Daps
They made a mistake so nggas think they should lose custody of their child ?? :why: Some of you nggas are goofy.

Slight tangent but that mentality shows why there’s so many mass shooters. The internet creates a real disconnect from real life. ‘Good. Take the child, idiot parents :unimpressed:‘ it’s just another debate point to folk they don’t consider these are real, imperfect people

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

Cliffs
Mother gives birth at home
Baby develops jaundice
Couple takes baby to the hospital
Couple bushes doctor's instructions and listen to midwife
Doctor calls CPS

Pigs takes away.baby
Some other drama

Have kids brehs
:francis:

:francis: This is pretty stupid.

Tair

Superstar
Daps
I agree with the parents.

Newborn jaundice:

Newborn jaundice is when a baby’s skin and eyes turn yellow from too much bilirubin. It usually resolves as their liver matures and they start feeding, but if it persists, there may be another cause.

In most cases, jaundice (also called hyperbilirubinemia) in newborns will disappear within 2 to 3 weeks.

"Temecia and her husband, Rodney Jackson, said they were following their midwife's care protocol for their baby's jaundice, which was to care for her at home rather than admit her to the hospital."

"After a routine doctor's visit, the couple alleges their child's pediatrician called Dallas Child Protective Services (CPS) because the parents were going to continue to follow their midwife's guidance. Days later, Desoto police officers and CPS agents arrived at the couple's home, demanding they turn their daughter over to authorities."

"Temecia Jackson says the officers arrested her husband, took his keys, used them to enter their residence and took Mila from her mother's arms"

Black women and hospital births:
"From 2019 to 2020, more people of color chose to give birth outside a hospital setting, according to a 2022 report released by the National Partnership for Women and Families (NPWF), a nonpartisan and nonprofit advocacy organization that works on public policies and education about women and families.

The increase was greatest among Black parents (30%), followed by Indigenous (26%) and Latinx (24%) parents — likely a response to "the higher risk of maternal mortality and morbidity they face and the impact of discrimination and structural racism in hospitals that result in lower-quality care," the report said."

"Black people are three times more likely to die from pregnancy-related complications than white people, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. In Texas, at least 118 women died and nearly 200 children were left without a mother in 2019, according the state's 2022 Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee's biennial report."

"Discrimination contributed to 12% of pregnancy-related deaths in 2019, according to the same report."

:francis:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
Folks have to stop this dumb shyt. Give your very vulnerable newborn a fighting chance in this world and use every medical advantage at your disposable. I hate this new anti science and intellectual movement that so many idiots flock to now, especially our people:snoop:

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
I'd wonder at the kind of jaundice, since some are a problem required UV lamps and all that while others are physiologic or clear up on their own. The fact that the affidavit had the wrong name and the manner in which the doctor went about this is all wrong though. He's supposed to set up a meeting with the parents to discuss this instead of the strong-arm tactic he pulled (based on the video). I honestly think he fukked up and was trying to cover his ass in the most ludicrous way possible. Most often when parents refuse, they do so because they think there is a danger in the treatment, instead of being on some other shyt, and thus you have to address those concerns.

That said, I understand people's reluctance. The medical field is less than kind with black people at times. That said, I think the parents should have sought a second opinion from an actual doctor to see if there was any validity to his claims.

tl;dr The child probably needed treatment, but the doctor went about this all wrong and is an idiot for it.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I can’t watch right now. I will when I get back home. Why did they ignore the docs advise and go with the mid wife?? Was it something critical??

I was gonna say probably because the midwife told them what they wanted to hear but you gotta take in account the financial aspect of it.

Don’t know their situation but they probably didn’t want that big ass bill either if someone they deemed a medical professional told them it was ok to stay home. My son went to the children’s hospital for 3 hours, hit me with a $4500 bill.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Jaundice is common occurrence even in hospital births and hospitals are known for sending a newborn home with Jaundice so it will heal at home. White women use midwifes all the time, and I've never heard of anything like this happening to them. As said earlier, if it were serious, why was the baby sent to foster care and not the hospital. Classic CPS overreach.

High Art

👑King of The Salon👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself and my own.
Dam they already put the child with a foster family
That's what bothers me. They shouldn't be moving at this pace and quite honestly are trying to outright take the child away. You can mandate treatments without taking the kid away wholesale. The doctor and system are wildn' out. Treating this as a case of neglect and abuse instead of a mere refusal of treatment. Some instances of treatment refusal can constitute child abuse but this seems they're going too far.

KingTut

Green diamonds like a dill pickle
Daps
Reppin
TX
Couple. If it was only jaundice then that is treatable at home. The hospital will put the baby under a blue light to help get rid of it but placing an infant in a bassinet next to open blinds is all that’s necessary. Completely treatable at home. Hardcore reach by the doctor.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
712uBf70puL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Infant death rates have dropped tremendously over the last 100 years due to health care improving. If giving birth at home wasn't risky enough they didn't listen to the doctors after the child was clearly struggling. If the midwife gave them that advice she should be held accountable as well.

Doctor gave the baby a clean bill of health. He may have called CPS on the wrong baby

Red11

Pro
Supporter
Daps
This got me wondering about the beginning of “time” and what the “regulations “ were when a women gave birth.

:jbhmm:

Know better do better. We don't just pray over that Staph infection anymore or put some green onions/parsley on it.
PEOPLE DIED. BABIES DIED.