Doctor Calls CPS after Couple Gives Birth At Home and Baby Gets Sick...Whose Side You On?

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I don't know, they went to the clinic and had a clean bill of health. I think the Dr. was calling about a completely different baby.

It was a beautiful birth," Temecia Jackson said at a press conference on Thursday, April 6. "She was perfect: 6 pounds, 9 ounces."

Shortly after, the couple says their baby developed jaundice, a common liver condition in newborns that often resolves itself without treatment.

Temecia and her husband, Rodney Jackson, said they were following their midwife's care protocol for their baby's jaundice, which was to care for her at home rather than admit her to the hospital.

After a routine doctor's visit, the couple alleges their child's pediatrician called Dallas Child Protective Services (CPS) because the parents were going to continue to follow their midwife's guidance. Days later, Desoto police officers and CPS agents arrived at the couple's home, demanding they turn their daughter over to authorities.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good. Hopefully the poor baby gets the treatment it needs. Could have died with those idiot parents. They seem like some Anti-science anti-vax anti-education types. And When they end up in ER on their death bed they are begging for all the medicine and science there is to save their life.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jaundice ain't that serious but like anything else if it goes untreated it can fatal. I have 2 cousins that I see every other day if not every day and my boy who I see a couple of times a week, all black all had jaundice. They live perfectly normal lives. when they were born and their parents were told they had jaundice it was a :manny: thing, not some ":damn: my baby!!!!"

That being said the state is quick to take black babies. My co-workers kid was in first grade, he'd get dropped off at elementary school and he'd ask for school breakfast. They charged his school account, then his parents found out and was like "he's eats at home, don't allow him to eat again in the morning.." They said cool, about a week later he gets called out of work and up to the school. Cps, the police and the school are there saying "your son is saying you don't feed him breakfast and then you contacted the school not to feed him, what's going on?"

Little man confessed, told them he eats a bowl of cereal, everyday but when he gets to school and sees French toast sticks, he wants French toast sticks. CPS still had to 'check the dwelling' and make sure he had suitable living conditions and shyt, whatever the criteria was he had it but they were quick to be like "we may need to remove the child from your care." And even though my boy is married to the kids mom and both set of their parents are alive and married, any temporary guardianship or custody to them wouldn't have been an option.

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
For context, jaundice is common and most times do resolve itself at home. Also some doctors have prejudices against more natural treatments without medications. From what I read about the situation, CPS didn’t take the baby back to a hospital they put her in a foster family. I would argue that if it were actually that serious CPS would put the baby in the hospital.

Also the baby developed a yeast infection in her privates. Again CPS doesn’t take the baby to get treated they always left the baby with the foster family. Again, if the baby had serious medical problems that would warrant removing the baby from her parents care then why leave the baby in the care of the foster family.

Something is up

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
Dr. Anand Bhatt?

Also having the wrong name in the warrant - how did that happen? Didn’t this all stem from the doctor’s letter? :mjpls:

If they released the baby after the checkup why was the doctor texting them like crazy afterwards?

Mike Nasty

Superstar
Daps
"Shortly after, the couple says their baby developed jaundice, a common liver condition in newborns that often resolves itself without treatment.

Temecia and her husband, Rodney Jackson, said they were following their midwife's care protocol for their baby's jaundice, which was to care for her at home rather than admit her to the hospital."

conceited-reaction.gif

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For context, jaundice is common and most times do resolve itself at home. Also some doctors have prejudices against more natural treatments without medications. From what I read about the situation, CPS didn’t take the baby back to a hospital they put her in a foster family. I would argue that if it were actually that serious CPS would put the baby in the hospital.

Also the baby developed a yeast infection in her privates. Again CPS doesn’t take the baby to get treated they always left the baby with the foster family. Again, if the baby had serious medical problems that would warrant removing the baby from her parents care then why leave the baby in the care of the foster family.

Something is up
If the parents were refusing the administer the treatments or medicines the doctor prescribed then that would be why CPS would place the baby with someone who will make sure the baby is treated for their medical condition.

You don't experiment on a new born with natural treatments if they have a real infection or something. That's cruel to make a baby suffer.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
Dr. Anand Bhatt?

Also having the wrong name in the warrant - how did that happen? Didn’t this all stem from the doctor’s letter? :mjpls:

If they released the baby after the checkup why was the doctor texting them like crazy afterwards?

He's got a fanclub
:francis:

Screenshot-20230408-161440.png

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
If the parents were refusing the administer the treatments or medicines the doctor prescribed then that would be why CPS would place the baby with someone who will make sure the baby is treated for their medical condition.

You don't experiment on a new born with natural treatments if they have a real infection or something. That's cruel to make a baby suffer.
I don’t disagree. The hippy dippy natural course wouldn’t have been the route I would have taken either. However CPS can cut the middle man out and place the baby in treatment themselves if that were the case. That doesn’t sound like it happened from the article.