Do you think you will still be gaming into older age?

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I will be playing forever, the only thing that will change is the time devoted to it

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Ever since I started playing more story based games and getting into genres I've never really liked as a kid platformers, horror etc I've been playing games even more the older I get.

Add into the fact that I've also been following studios and the development of stuff I don't think ill ever get tired of games. :yeshrug:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
yep...no fronting about it...I’m 46 and just as ecstatic about gaming as I’ve ever been...looking at the gaming community—from devs to reviewers to professional gamers to youtubers—the shyt is clearly not just for kids
'74 :myman:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
im 35 im not into as much as I was as a little kid but i still enjoy sport games so yeh

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I'm going to be playing Zelda, Mario, GTA, RDR, Anno series, Cities Skylines, Planet ( Zoo, Coaster, etc) until I do

Now how I feel about gaming changed A LOT as I get older...there are things that matter to me about games now outside of the game itself that never mattered to me when I was younger

Also the type of games I play have changed a lot. You couldn't pay me to play a city builder game when I was younger...to boring...now it's my favorite game genre

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
I used to deliver shyt for work. This one old security guard dude at one of the places like 60 years old was telling me how he was stuck on a level of Call Of Duty. :russ:

It's probably good for an old dude though. Games keep your mind sharp.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I'm 33 and barely have time unless it's some casual shyt like Madden or 2K these days...its been a minute since I played a full on story game...

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Jeezus! You about the oldest mofo in here, lol. I'm 39 and thought I was older than you and that you were like 26 tbh, lol.

And I agree with all that. I'll be gaming till I'm on my deathbed, with a controller in hand, if I can help it. Even if gaming at some point totally moves into a lane that I'm just 100% against (don't really know of any situations that could be right now tbh), I'd still game, as I'd just finally clear the generations long backlogs that I missed out on or didn't finish. As far as gaming evolving tho, I feel like I'm one of the few gamers that doesn't incessantly bytch at every single thing about gaming or have some overblown expectations of every game, generation, etc. that comes along as it grows. Nor do I over-exaggerate and fellate the previous gaming years with nolstagia tinted glasses either. Gamers are some of the most entitled, whiny bytches sometimes (shyt a lot of the times). Just keep it fun, functional, eye appeasing and interesting is all I need. That's why I feel that I would game forever, seeing as I'm pretty easy to please in the context of gaming (and in life, really).
do you think at some point technology will leave you behind? That’s one of my fears about getting older.. not just about gaming either. I’m 36 and I feel like our generation is different from our parents & grandparents when it comes to tech

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
up at 5:30 this morning playing sackboy cuz I couldn’t sleep and was stressing over some bullshyt...ended up cheesing like a damn kid while playing the david bowie “let’s dance” level...ain’t no damn child gonna appreciate that shyt as much as me :mjlol: