Do you think Microsoft will eventually drop hardware and go 3rd party?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The series consoles have now fallen behind the xbox one, it seems like Microsoft is having a hard time selling hardware this gen.

And whats worse is that they don’t expect an increase in revenue or hardware for next quarter with starfield :whoo:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, its been almost two years with no updated gamepass numbers. Now it’s “gamepass engagement” :dahell:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
GP will be on PS6 and Nintendo’s next-next system.
Yup.

Been saying this for a minute now.

Always thought this was the smarter play especially becoming arguably the biggest publisher after the Zenimax/Activision Blizzard acquisitions.

Problem is streaming and subs aint all it's cracked up to be and we're seeing it daily. Only ones that have been relatively successful have GLOBAL presences i.e. Netflix. The rest of them don't have the subs at the right prices they need to be profitable.

But yeah, getting GP on all available platforms and becoming a publisher is the right move.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
The series consoles have now fallen behind the xbox one, it seems like Microsoft is having a hard time selling hardware this gen.

And whats worse is that they don’t expect an increase in revenue or hardware for next quarter with starfield :whoo:

When they meet crit mass and see an Extinction Level Event with their console.

They’ll just do the unthinkable and buy Sony Playstation

So you better pray they don’t call it quits to the console game

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Yea sales are down and all, but I doubt they bow out of consoles mid cycle. They just dropped 100m buying up assets, no reason to give up now.

I can see them using the next few years taking account of how the market is doing and go from there.

Honestly I’d see them spending more money to buy up shyt/cut costs on the hardware side before dropping the Xbox.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yup.

Been saying this for a minute now.

Always thought this was the smarter play especially becoming arguably the biggest publisher after the Zenimax/Activision Blizzard acquisitions.

Problem is streaming and subs aint all it's cracked up to be and we're seeing it daily. Only ones that have been relatively successful have GLOBAL presences i.e. Netflix. The rest of them don't have the subs at the right prices they need to be profitable.

But yeah, getting GP on all available platforms and becoming a publisher is the right move.

Wonder what kind of incentive they will give for putting it on nintendo and playstation? I assume they are more interested in cloud than continuing on with hardware at this rate

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea sales are down and all, but I doubt they bow out of consoles mid cycle. They just dropped 100m buying up assets, no reason to give up now.

I can see them using the next few years taking account of how the market is doing and go from there.

Honestly I’d see them spending more money to buy up shyt/cut costs on the hardware side before dropping the Xbox.

I dont think it will happen mid cycle either, i think next gen will be the deciding factor. If they can’t sell hardware after starfield and ABK, then i think they have a serious problem because nothing they’re dropping on the console side is bigger than that

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I dont think it will happen mid cycle either, i think next gen will be the deciding factor. If they can’t sell hardware after starfield and ABK, then i think they have a serious problem because nothing they’re dropping on the console side is bigger than that
honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they drop a handheld/micro console that is cloud based.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they drop a handheld/micro console that is cloud based.

They were working on a streaming stick, yeah, think thats probably the better direction at this point, with a handheld. Hybrid streaming stick/handheld like nintendo did. Especially since they said they lose 200-300 dollars per console, it just doesn’t seem worth it