Do You Think "Liberal" White People Understand How Rigged The System Is?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
like, i'm not referring to the obvious racists, the ones who just don't give a fukk and already have convinced themselves that nikkas aren't shyt. nah, instead, i'm talking about the so-called enlightened white people who have black friends and consider themselves "liberal."

do these people realize how easy they have it compared to your average black man and woman? are they at all aware of the odds against which we are pitted on a daily basis? when it comes to anything, whether it be purchasing a home or applying for a job, we're up against a system that's rigged to guarantee our failure.

does this cross the mind of white people? i just ask myself: how the fukk can we, black people, walk these streets with cacs and not just want to beat their asses into a fukking pulp?

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
like, i'm not referring to the obvious racists, the ones who just don't give a fukk and already have convinced themselves that nikkas aren't shyt. nah, instead, i'm talking about the so-called enlightened white people who have black friends and consider themselves "liberal."

do these people realize how easy they have it compared to your average black man and woman? are they at all aware of the odds against which we are pitted on a daily basis? when it comes to anything, whether it be purchasing a home or applying for a job, we're up against a system that's rigged to guarantee our failure.

does this cross the mind of white people? i just ask myself: how the fukk can we, black people, walk these streets with cacs and not just want to beat their asses into a fukking pulp?
Nah I don't think they do,actually they aren't too far off from the racist white person because often times they think because they have black friends that they can say some slick shyt about black people and get a pass :childplease:

Whenever you call em out on it they'll just use that " I'm not racist, I have black friends"excuse :snoop:

You have some exceptions like Tim Wise, a white man who understands the inner depths of white supremacy and is working to educate other whites

But overall white people will never understand how it truly feels because at the end of the day they still have that white skin.

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
No they don't. The only way they can is if they witness it happen. They think all these things are just coincidences and that it's all fair.

Which we all know is :rudy:

But it's not their fault though. Most of them mean well. These are the only kind of white people I can stand.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Man, it's not just white people.
I've met some ridiculously close minded liberals. A liberal friend of mine (who happens to be Puerto Rican) tried to convince me that racism isn't as prevalent since Obama became president. I argued that having a black president hasn't made any change on racism, and his rebuttal was "I guarantee that Obama will be re-elected and if he is, that is proof that racism is almost done with, because we would have never had a black pres and would definitely not re-elect one if this country was still racist."

Dude, has his degree from Columbia of all places.

:snoop: That just goes to show you just because you got a college degree it don't make you smart. :yeshrug:

Daps
Man, it's not just white people.
I've met some ridiculously close minded liberals. A liberal friend of mine (who happens to be Puerto Rican) tried to convince me that racism isn't as prevalent since Obama became president. I argued that having a black president hasn't made any change on racism, and his rebuttal was "I guarantee that Obama will be re-elected and if he is, that is proof that racism is almost done with, because we would have never had a black pres and would definitely not re-elect one if this country was still racist."

Dude, has his degree from Columbia of all places.
:what:

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
the mere fact that you folks are using the term liberals, proves that you've been conditioned to categorize and blindly apply stereotypical thoughts accordingly. Similar process of the most extreme racist

Since there are non-white folks who are white supremacist (using whiteness as a litmus test to prove great leadership, beauty, intelligence etc), then a white-man married to a black man, could also be a white supremacist, who also discriminate's against other homosexuals

The point is, human beings are complex. But at the same time they are simple, in that their behaviors are learned and not innate. Don't be lazy in your rational to cookie-cut labels and apply the default summaries on those labels onto people. That approach has made systemic racism thrive because all you need to do place a few black faces in certain positions, which will muffle the argument and undermine the efforts of the people who are lazy in their rational

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
as a white person i can say probably 80% of white people are ignorant to this fact. they don't know any brown skinned people so they have no idea. most of them are racist and when they hear black people talking about this sort of thing they just think "black people need to stop complaining, get off welfare, and get a job."

JBoy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
lol why stop at white ppl

we got blacks that don't understand history and its consequences too

word to the shorty in my 400 level sociology class who said affirmative action was a useless program

this is so true, Black folks need to get ourselves more educated about our history in this country, I try to learn some new stuff about Black history every week

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
as a white person i can say probably 80% of white people are ignorant to this fact. they don't know any brown skinned people so they have no idea. most of them are racist and when they hear black people talking about this sort of thing they just think "black people need to stop complaining, get off welfare, and get a job."

Exactly you get them into a conversation about affirmative action and watch them change real quick

They'll say:
"Affrimative action is so unfair, I believe that the job should be earned based off of qualities no matter what race.":beli:

Then I'll say:

"You do realize that if they actually gave jobs to people who earned it then there would be alot of qualified blacks taking under qualified white's jobs right?":youngsabo:

Their face::dwillhuh: