Do you think "hard" drugs should be legal?

Should "hard" drugs be legal?

• Total voters

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I mean, I don't want it to be a replacement to us doing a better job of handling mental illnesses.

Daps
full

Are you pouring jelly on MJ? :laff:

Fill Collins

I like the one that says shum pulp
Daps
Alcohol's a hard drug but I do think all drugs should be decriminalized and safe use measures like needle exchanges, narcan distribution and test kits be given away

Drug use is a symptom of society, not a cause

I think adults should be able to whatever they want in their own private properties alone or with other consenting adults

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
Nah, but if folks wanna sniff/snort/smoke their say to an early grave there will be more resources for the rest of us. :manny:

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
Alcohol being legal takes the strength away from the argument of other hard drugs being illegal in my opinion.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
No. Come to the west coast and see all the people who look like they are half dead walking around. Also a lot of crime like Bipping in San Fran is driven by drug addictions.

MJ and Alcohol (I think this is worse than MJ) and all the usual normalized things are ok. Hard drugs are destroyers of societies.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
How has it worked out in other countries who have made hard drugs legal?

By contrast, Portugal had an expansive and trusted public health network that was reinforced by adding addiction treatment clinics during the 1990s.

Portugal's decriminalization went into effect in the summer of 2001. Goulão believes it was effective in moving drug users into treatment from the start, while reducing overdoses, but he said it took three to four years to prove it was.

"For you to be able to claim something works, scientifically, you have to let it exist, you have to collect data, have it contrasted ... These things take time."

Like everything else, the society and the government have to be behind it, and put money and people on it.

The US only likes to do things halfway

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
When I say "hard" drugs I mean things like heroin, crack/cocaine, ecstacy, meth, etc.

There's an argument that all drugs should be legal - adults should be able to do what they want with their bodies, and if these drugs are legal than people can use safely (relatively speaking...) and there will be fewer overdoses and less violence. Not to mention people wouldn't be going to jail for nonviolent drug offenses. On the other hand, some people are against legalizing hard drugs and think that would just encourage more people to use them.

What's the TLR take?

Was done in real life in Oregon, they are in the process of rolling some of it back

OperationNumbNutts

Superstar
Daps
Yes. I would be nervous if it would be legalized but I can't deny the current game isn't working. I'll be no different than cannabis in lot of states. The money will just shift to different industries.

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Crack was everywhere in the 80s see how that turned out