Do you think Capcom should remake Resident Evil 5?

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been asking for a megaman in the style of ratchet and clank for mad long. Pretty much the same template but more platforming and directional shooting
I could see that
I would also want them to do killer 7 just for the style and art
And lost planet would be a good remake too

The point is after re4 they could wait a 4-5 years before they do a re5 remake

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Code Veronica will get a remake because Chris Redfield is in it :mjpls: and gamers love him. Plus, female protagonists are in right now so it might be pushed ahead.

The open-ness of Resident Evil 4 remake makes me think they're already planning for CV. There's also dual-wielding in RE4Remake which was introduced in Code Veronica.

I hope they expand on the island and maybe give us some vehicles and boats to move around in.

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Viewtiful Joe would be amazing, not sure how much it would sell these days

RE5 doesn’t need a remake, they need to bring back that Big Bad Baby Boulder video on YT

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Code Veronica needs it because so much of that game needs to be updated. You can tell certain parts weren’t thought out, plus I bet they’re trying to figure out how make Steve Burnside cool before they commit.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Yes, never got what was so controversial about it, I mean in 4 we kill hundreds of spaniards that apparently live in some 1800's village.

Nothing wrong with an outbreak taking place in an African country, I haven't played it in a while so I'm sure there's some classic borderline shyt but they can just remove or change those, no need to hide that game or change the setting.

Alix217

Superstar
Daps
Yes, never got what was so controversial about it, I mean in 4 we kill hundreds of spaniards that apparently live in some 1800's village.

Nothing wrong with an outbreak taking place in an African country, I haven't played it in a while so I'm sure there's some classic borderline shyt but they can just remove or change those, no need to hide that game or change the setting.

Nothing wrong with it as long as 1 of the protagonists is a brehette (who also ends up ending Wesker)

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

It was an uproar because every zombie was black. It got to the point where Capcom had to add in white zombies.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

In a vacuum sure.

But when you consider how many games or other media that are super comfortable with a heroic white guy killing brown faces, and how there’s literarily ZERO examples the other way around. RE5 is better left in time where it was unless they make some big changes.

Imagine the meltdowns even in 2023 if there was a game with a nigerian dude shooting his way through France.

But we’ve been conditioned to accept BS like RE5 and even defend it cause it’s a good game that we remember fondly :smh:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
In a vacuum sure.

But when you consider how many games or other media that are super comfortable with a heroic white guy killing brown faces, and how there’s literarily ZERO examples the other way around. RE5 is better left in time where it was unless they make some big changes.

Imagine the meltdowns even in 2023 if there was a game with a nigerian dude shooting his way through France.

But we’ve been conditioned to accept BS like RE5 and even defend it cause it’s a good game that we remember fondly :smh:
:yeshrug: While I enjoyed RE5 to an extent. I have no problem with black people. Feeling uncomfortable and putting their foot on Capcom’s neck. Just because spaniards are ok. With RE4 doesn’t mean black people. Has to be ok with RE5. So I agree with you on your stance.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Killer7, lost planet, mega man, viewtful joe, Dino crisis all could use games

I’m surprised they haven’t tried a new megaman game yet

None of these games could make the type of money that they would need to justify development, not even mega man.