Do you still buy games on disc?

?

• Total voters

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I buy digital if it's a old game is unavailable at stores or it's like $250 physical (looking at you Panzer Dragoon Saga:stopitslime:).

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I buy digital if it's a old game is unavailable at stores or it's like $250 physical (looking at you Panzer Dragoon Saga:stopitslime:).
Same!

Though I used to buy mostly digital for everything. It came in handy when I was remote playing my PS4 on my Vita and didn't need to go into the living room to change game discs. Then I realized I had bought a lot of games I wish I could just sell off and get any amount of money for, no matter how meager, no matter how low I must humble myself to the ebay gods.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Physical media in 2018

giphy.gif

Do you buy insurance for it to :picard:
On a console physical media is cheaper than digital and can be resold. It makes more sense.

Abuchunky

Banned
Daps
i have to buy digital. I have 5 kids that are always messing with my shyt. :francis:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Trade in value is shyt so why use that as an excuse to by a disc? I buy physical for PS4, digital for Xbox. MS just handles bc and digital content better I think. Only issue I had with digital is the MvC3 fiasco some time ago.[/QUOTEI
Well for one physical can be lent to friends or family. And my snes and nes collection is worth money. A digital collection is practically worthless. Older physical games appreciate in value.

Publishers at any moment can remove a game from the digital marketplace. Then what? It’s gone. You’re leaving yourself up to the mercy of publishers.

There are numerous real advantages to physical over digital.

What’s the advantages of digital? Being too lazy to get up?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Well for one physical can be lent to friends or family. And my snes and nes collection is worth money. A digital collection is practically worthless. Older physical games appreciate in value.

Publishers at any moment can remove a game from the digital marketplace. Then what? It’s gone. You’re leaving yourself up to the mercy of publishers.

There are numerous real advantages to physical over digital.

What’s the advantages of digital? Being too lazy to get up?
Digital works on PC because the old games are compatible with whatever hardware you have. 20 years from now if you wanna go back and play an old PC game you can still do that digitally. 20 years from now your console's marketplace won't be available anymore and you won't be able to redownload those games. 13 years after the Wii was released Nintendo is pulling the plug on it's marketplace.

My problem is the game they ship to you on a disc is incomplete now. In many cases some of the features aren't even on the disc and require 2GB day one patches to get. When these console marketplaces go down many of these physical copies won't be the full games.

Basically whether or not we like it games are digital now. The disc that used to run full games now install partial games to the hard drive and require downloads to have the full game.