Do you still buy games on disc?

?

• Total voters

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
digital only, don't have space for discs and with backwards compatibility you keep the library for future consoles, look what Microsoft is doing with all the old 360 and even OG Xbox games

and if nikkas actually played the games when they bought them instead of having and endless backlog, all the games are discounted many times online

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
This would imply digital has some intrinsic advantage over physical when it doesn’t.

In fact it’s worse because it has no actual value once you buy it.
PH1311A.jpg

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Depends on the game I got some digital games that were cheap. And I don’t use my card for psn purchases so I’ll just get the disc if it’s something I want at the moment

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Pretty sure this is a continuation of an argument OP had many years ago with somebody(forgot) in this section, and is now cementing his point. :heh:

Maybe not.

All I know is one of yall was vehemently on the "digital download is taking over" wave at the start of the gen. Here we are years later....

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only if the physical copy is significantly cheaper than the digital version.:francis: Otherwise it's digital. Been on digital since I got my Xbox One back in 2015. The only physical games I have is COD IW which came with my PS4 and BO3 which I got a crazy discount from someone that was offering free GameStop coupons. Deal was too good to pass up. :lolbron:Being able to play a new game without having to get up and switch discs is such an underrated luxury. :whew:
Less noise, faster load times, I don't have to worry about scratching the discs and don't get me started on midnight releases. :whoo:Being able to preload and play as soon as midnight hits without the hassle of going to the store and waiting in line, then coming home and waiting for the disc to install is crazy. I will never go back to physical CDs. :picard:

teacher

All Star
Daps
Prefer discs, but if digital has compelling deals I'm downloading :yeshrug:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I buy digital almost exclusively. Last disc I bought on console was FF15 only cause it was cheaper on Amazon.

I also buy physical for the Switch. Only because I enjoy the cartridges for some reason

natturnher

Rookie
Daps
Last game I purchased on disc was Sins of a Solar Empire (PC) about a decade ago. All digital as I don't have the space for all those boxes if I bought physical still. I own over 300 PC titles on Steam alone (not counting Origin, Uplay, GoG and other digital distribution platforms) and that is considered casual in some circles. Imagine if most of or even half of that was physical. Just do not have space and plus most games don't come with shyt like they use to. I remember buying PC games back in the late 80s and early 90s that would come with all the shyt that tends to get packaged and charged extra in these Collectors/Special/Premium editions these days. Don't care for trade in as that really hasn't been a thing on PC for the longest time due to the fear of piracy. Plus we get these nice sales, free drops, and bundles going the digital route.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Trade in value is shyt so why use that as an excuse to by a disc? I buy physical for PS4, digital for Xbox. MS just handles bc and digital content better I think. Only issue I had with digital is the MvC3 fiasco some time ago.