Do You See The United States Improving For Black Folk Now? (I Don't Have Faith Anymore)

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
We were brought into Jamestown in 1619, so that makes it 396 years we have been oppressed/fighting this war. Anyway, with the protesting and looting in Baltimore do you see the U.S. improving for minorities and Blacks? I just don't have faith. I've given up on it. In my opinion, I see the U.S. falling anyway. What do you guys think? I feel it's just better to save your money and go elsewhere. I want the U.S. to get better, but I just don't show love for the U.S. anymore. Honestly I'm ASHAMED to be called an American. America is just so fukkin evil.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
probably not esp if blacks don't figure out that its survival of the fittest and u have to work together and not tear each other down....we need community economics , we have enough skilled and educated ppl but they're happy to working for white companies

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
We were brought into Jamestown in 1619, so that makes it 396 years we have been oppressed/fighting this war. Anyway, with the protesting and looting in Baltimore do you see the U.S. improving for minorities and Blacks? I just don't have faith. I've given up on it. In my opinion, I see the U.S. falling anyway. What do you guys think? I feel it's just better to save your money and go elsewhere. I want the U.S. to get better, but I just don't show love for the U.S. anymore. Honestly I'm ASHAMED to be called an American. America is just so fukkin evil.
I love America but not it's history. I think black people need an internal revolution

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As the Hispanic population grows, it's only going to get worse

This is probably true, but lately ive been wondering if the Hispanic population will be the new target of systematic racism due to its growing numbers.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
If Asian Americans can be successful in america than its possible for us blacks to do the same too, imo.
This a ridiculous notion for 2 main reasons; first, Asian Americans make up less than 6 percent of the population and actually CHOSE to come here. The reason why many of them are in the small middle class is because its only a few of them here. Second, they have a COMPLETELY different historical context than Blacks in this country. You cannot compare our two racial experiences as we were written into the constitution to remain inferior in the political, economic, and social sense.

As for the threads topic, in the current system, it will not improve. Reform is a bullshyt notion. Transformation is the key term we need for America to progress. The system must transform.

AJaRuleStan

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Killa Queens
This a ridiculous notion for 2 main reasons; first, Asian Americans make up less than 6 percent of the population and actually CHOSE to come here.
How does population size even relate at all to what I claimed? I'm not understanding how the state of that variable changes anything or even follows my conclusion. And how is them "choosing" to come here relevant at all either?

My claim followed a simple flow of logic:

Asians are a minority group in America = true

Asians are outperform Whites in the SEI index in America = true

Thus

It possible for minorities to succeed in America = conclusion

I define "succeed" as being on similar socioeconomic levels with whites as a whole which I feel Asians prove that every minority group has the potential to do. I think Lations in the coming years will also bolster my argument as their influence continues to grow.

The reason why many of them are in the small middle class is because its only a few of them here.
Okay, so you're saying that any success as a minority that Asians have in this country is solely because of their small population size in relation to other minorities? Can you even prove such a claim? And how does that even make sense; wouldn't the larger minority group have the advantage in terms of influence? Look at how Hispanic Americans influence increases politically as their numbers continue to grow, for example.

I am not saying I have done a deep analysis of majority vs minority threw history to argue for certain, but I find it really unbelievable that a smaller size for a group is a "benefit" especially when it comes to getting equality that is on par with the majority group. It seems like it would be the opposite.

Second, they have a COMPLETELY different historical context than Blacks in this country. You cannot compare our two racial experiences as we were written into the constitution to remain inferior in the political, economic, and social sense.
I never once attempted to say that Blacks and Asians have the same history in this country; although, I seriously think your downplaying the fact that Asians were discriminated in the past like all the minority groups have been. Regardless, if you wan't to say Black ppl conditions can't improve because they've been historical oppressed by the elite whites in America because of racial differences than the same must be true for Asian ppl. Unless your saying that Whites are fine with only Asians outperforming them in today's world which I would view as a nonsensical talking-point.

Now I am not saying it ain't possible that Blacks may contain a property that Asians don't have which may be the reason for why Asians are more successful in this country atm, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with difference in "discrimination" or "population size". Imo, you could argue culture which would make more sense to me, but that isn't a "U.S" fixable issue like OP is discussing, so that would be for a different thread.

Also, I really hope we don't slippery slope to the notation that Asians are not the same kind of "minority" as Latinos/Blacks, or that they're the same as Whites because they're not following a certain narrative. Because that is actually real racism, specifically, towards Blacks and Latinos imo.

Last edited:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
How does population size even relate at all to what I claimed? I'm not understanding how the state of that variable changes anything or even follows my conclusion. And how is them "choosing" to come here relevant at all either?

My claim followed a simple flow of logic:

Asians are minority group in America

Asians are outperform Whites in the SEI index in America

Thus

It possible for minorities to succeed in America

I define "succeed" as being on similar socioeconomic levels as whites which I feel Asians prove that every minority group has the potential to do. I think Lations in the coming years will also bolster my argument as their influence continue to grows.

Okay, so you're saying that any success as a minority that Asians have in this country is solely because of their small population size in relation to other minorities? Can you even prove such a claim? And how does that even make sense; wouldn't the larger minority group have the advantage in terms of influence? Look at how Hispanic Americans influence increases politically as their numbers continue to grow, for example.

I am not saying I have done a deep analysis of majority vs minority threw history to argue for certain, but I find it really unbelievable that a smaller size for a group is a "benefit" especially when it comes to getting equality that is on par with the majority group. It seems like it would be the opposite.

I never once attempted to say that Blacks and Asians have the same history in this country; although, I seriously think your downplaying the fact that Asians were discriminated in the past like all the minority groups have been. Regardless, if you wan't to say Black ppl conditions can't improve because they've been historical oppressed by the elite whites in America because of racial differences than the same must be true for Asian ppl. Unless your saying that Whites are fine with only Asians outperforming them in today's world which I would view as nonsensical talking-point.

Now I am not saying it ain't possible that Blacks may contain a property that Asians don't have which may be the reason for why Asians are more successful in this country atm, but I seriously doubt it has anything to do with difference in "discrimination" or "population size". Imo, you could argue culture which would make more sense to me, but that isn't a "U.S" fixable issue like OP is discussing, so that would be for a different thread.

Also, I really hope we don't slippery slope to the notation that Asians are not the same kind of "minority" as Latinos/Blacks, or that they're the same as Whites because they're not following a certain narrative. Because that is actually real racism, specifically, towards Blacks and Latinos imo.

The point to all this that you typed is that there are specific historical and demographic reasons as to why SOME Asians (not all), but some are able to go into the Middle class in this country; those reasons have to be factored into why Blacks, as a majority, do not have the access to opportunities and resources to have mobility in the political economy. And yes, you have to discuss Asians' narratives when talking about their socioeconomic position or you're being disingenuous when trying to say that Blacks can do it because Asians do...that's simplifying a very complex and historical process where both groups have different paths to their current positions.

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
This a ridiculous notion for 2 main reasons; first, Asian Americans make up less than 6 percent of the population and actually CHOSE to come here. The reason why many of them are in the small middle class is because its only a few of them here. Second, they have a COMPLETELY different historical context than Blacks in this country. You cannot compare our two racial experiences as we were written into the constitution to remain inferior in the political, economic, and social sense.

As for the threads topic, in the current system, it will not improve. Reform is a bullshyt notion. Transformation is the key term we need for America to progress. The system must transform.
:mjlol: excuses that's all you saying