Do you let your kids quit things?

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
My girl coaches and parents allow their kids to quit all the time. Kids/parents aren’t built the same

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote

Where were you on the Dwight Howard debacle?

Kid was being a bytch.
And Dwight wasn't even being cruel about it.

Sure. There are other ways to motivate and inspire and get people to believe they are capable of more.

But that's all part of the same umbrella of not quitting and pushing through.

I'm not mad at Dwight here at all. I understand what he was trying to do. And you know what? The little fukker DID do more. So that should tell him something.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'm not mad at Dwight here at all. I understand what he was trying to do. And you know what? The little fukker DID do more. So that should tell him something.

I don't have kids, so I can't speak on it directly...but

My folks weren't ball players, but please believe it when I tell you they was drilling me on multiplication tables like my life (and behind) depended on it.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't have kids, so I can't speak on it directly...but

My folks weren't ball players, but please believe it when I tell you they was drilling me on multiplication tables like my life (and behind) depended on it.
There's this idea that pushing kids has to be an abusive thing.

I'm not saying you gotta scream at a kid running laps around the track. Or that you have to smack a kid in the back of the head who is trying to learn his multiplication tables.

But children's first instinct when something is hard is to quit. It just is.

And parents, in my opinion, have to force and teach kids to push through that shyt.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'm not saying you gotta scream at a kid running laps around the track. Or that you have to smack a kid in the back of the head who is trying to learn his multiplication tables.

I'm saying you do.

:lolbron:

America is too much carrot and not enough stick.

How the hell do parents that don't even speak English have Valedictorian children? (and one of the highest suicide rates in the cohort...)

It ain't by being friends.

WIA

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
1 of my kids just quit playing drums :mjcry:

I could tell he was just doing it for me tho so I aint mad at it. its not his thing. I aint mad at it.