Do you have any videogame experiences that are in the top 100 moments of your life?

BBG

2014-2024
Daps

:patrice: I was thinking about this after going on a nerd bender last night. I was downloading Age Of Empires 4, Stellaris, total war Warhammer, AND Disco Elysium all at the same time and I'm not gonna lie I was excited as fukk just watching it download lmfao. Then I realized I'll be 32 next month and I'm an adult with a child wtf am I doing :mjlol::snoop:

I've accepted the fact imma play games for the rest of my life (I'm talking digital arts and these bytches, nikka) a long time ago but Vlad's take is pretty interesting. I don't think anyone on earth has actually compiled a top 100 list of best moments in their life, but I'm not convinced videogames wouldn't crack the top 100. Top 10? No way. Top 25 even fukk outta here but top 100 :jbhmm:i think about my first time playing Witcher 3 often. Like a lot a lot. So much so that I've tried repeatedly going back to play it even after the patches. Funny thing is I can't even play it anymore, for whatever reason the magic is gone. But I'll never forget that first run, just like I'll never forget beating legends of dragoon as a kid. I'm also a bit bias because I flew to San Diego to compete in MLG '08 for the weekend and man, meeting everybody you been playing with for YEARS to battle it out on stage and then drink/smoke with the cool ones after. Don't get me wrong we were outnumbered by mouth breathing nerds by a long shot but it was still fun and cool to see regular brehs kicking it at such a corny ass event lol. That reminds me, a cac got jumped leaving his hotel that weekend cause he was one of them flagrantly saying ****** on XBOX LIVE all the time. I didn't see it happen but just hearing about it and seeing him broken the day after (humble as fukk) is absolutely an experience in my top 100.

Aside from that I can't definitely say if any of those other experiences crack my top 100 but I don't think it's as ridiculous as Vlad believes. However I am absolutely guilty of OD'ng and playing for an embarrassingly long time more often than I care to admit, and a lot of it does have to do with some form of depression. nikkas be tryna escape reality... and getting high while playing the game is a cheap, amazing ass way to do it albeit not very healthy. But anyway I thought it'd be cool to get y'all perspectives on it.

Judgement free zone here, we all nerds on the inside even if I am the flyest of em all :takedat:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
If done in moderation and you're taking care of all your other needs and shyt, I don't see how/why anyone would say it's not very healthy.

I mean, most leisure activities wouldn't necessarily be considered "healthy" in the sense that you're gaining some sort of nutritional or spiritual value out of it, but I wouldn't define it as unhealthy either, provided what I said above. To an extent, I guess it could even be considered healthy if it helps de-stress you tho. I'll always be into gaming until I can outright physically no longer do so or they totally cease existing and I won't have anyone tell me that it's any wrongs about doing it.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Vlad's whole point had to do with playing video games to a point where you're abusing it to cope with something, likely depression, and it becomes a hinderance on your life. Just like with anything else, nothing wrong with playing games in moderation.

But the 100 top life moments is a good argument he made. I've been playing games almost my entire life, and I dont think any gaming related moment would crack that top 100 list, and even if they did, it would probably be some shyt like playing Smash / Street Fighter 2 / Counter Strike with my boys back in the day when we were all young and had less worries in life, never some single-player shyt. But I would imagine its the same with movies or shows - I doubt anyone is putting a movie in their top 100 life moments.

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
I dont think I have seriously played video games since they ended the NCAA series but had some GREAT times when friends used to come over when the new game dropped and they would be over the house and just vibing.. Those summer moments are pretty tough to beat, then online gaming caught on and just hopping on at night and playing cousin online, talking shyt.. Dope AF.. But like anything, in moderation. If you going sun up, sun down and playing video game in room.. Yikes.. Too much of anything can be a detriment.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
And also, yeah, I think I have a few top 25 to even top 10 moments in life that were game related.
:dwillhuh: you thought you was gonna just drop this off and we was gonna let it rock??? Gimmie the details nikka what the fukk was you playing that winded up in ya TOP 10 LIFE MOMENTS. not judging just genuinely shocked, both that you have a videogame moment in your top 10, and that you chose not to elaborate

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
fukk Vlad.

Cac ain’t never said anything of value in his entire life:camby:

On topic. Adults play with “toys” everyday B.

If playing games brings you enjoyment. Then play games.
Yeah, one of the main beatiful benefits of being an adult is basically doing whatever the fukk you want. Long as you ain't breaking no laws or hurting people. Do you.

Also, now that I think about it, the whole top 10-100 moments shyt is kinda dumb stance to argue this on anyways. I've never sat down and tried to quantify some measurement of how/where whatever I'm doing in life is on some richter scale shyt. shyt ain't no hip-hop favorites list.

Last edited:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
:dwillhuh: you thought you was gonna just drop this off and we was gonna let it rock??? Gimmie the details nikka what the fukk was you playing that winded up in ya TOP 10 LIFE MOMENTS. not judging just genuinely shocked, both that you have a videogame moment in your top 10, and that you chose not to elaborate
See my previous post.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The arcade experience as a youngsta changed my life literally.

My 1st experience was violent one in the end but initially it was me being like 12 in the arcade seeing a fighting game and how people were so hype and into it. Ended up leading to someone getting ganked up and being on the news but still lol.
It was like walking into the rave scene in blade minus the blood lol. Dark, strobe lights, loud music, people packed in tight trying to play and having a good time...

From there I kinda pulled back from being influenced by street goons and old heads and chased trying to get back to arcades. Probably 4-6 years later I meet the homies in a arcade and they've been life long friends since and that has spawned SOME crazy things that has changed my life completely.

So not only is gaming a Top 25 in my life but top 5 :manny:

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The arcade experience as a youngsta changed my life literally.

My 1st experience was violent one in the end but initially it was me being like 12 in the arcade seeing a fighting game and how people were so hype and into it. Ended up leading to someone getting ganked up and being on the news but still lol.
It was like walking into the rave scene in blade minus the blood lol. Dark, strobe lights, loud music, people packed in tight trying to play and having a good time...

From there I kinda pulled back from being influenced by street goons and old heads and chased trying to get back to arcades. Probably 4-6 years later I meet the homies in a arcade and they've been life long friends since and that has spawned SOME crazy things that has changed my life completely.

So not only is gaming a Top 25 in my life but top 5 :manny:

Yeah, I would definitely say first arcade experience and first time I gamed on a Nintendo, I knew this would be a life long passion. So shyt like that alone gotta be high up there for life experiences.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Someone mentioned people just coming over and vibing and gaming, I've built some long lasting friendships off that also. One of my good friends came over to a open invite I had for fighting games back in the SF4 days and we have been cool ever since. Introduced him to a whole different lifestyle LOL.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of my fondest gaming experiences were things that involved people either gaming at the crib with me in family or friends. Even the single player moments that were memorable were partly influenced by me wanting to tell other people about it and it sparking conversations/debates which again involves people.