Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just started doing these at the gym. Read they help your abs more than crunches

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I do them 1-2 times a week. They do actually help your abs more because you're working more muscles, it's better for your metabolism. You see heavier people doing tons of crunches but it doesn't do shyt because that layer of fat on top of those abs will still be there.

Also, they make you functionally stronger, and if you play any sports you'll notice a difference.

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
im really trying to get the hang of sqauts but when i do em too much my knees get :flabbynsick: i think my form is messed up. i stick to other leg exercises but id really like to pick it back up for the reasons listed in here

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
twice a week I do about 225 10 x 4 with some front squats too.

my calves suck tho i got strolic quads but it looks like i dont train legs cuz my calves are skinny. Idk why but they're a stubborn body part for me.

but yeah...gotta squat.

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I squat,but I get more admiration from the guys in my gym (it's an old school bodybuilding gym) for my barbell lunges. Try doing 5 sets of 12 reps on each leg, which makes 24 reps in total, and with barbell lunges form has to be perfect because it isn't a forgiving exercise in the slightest as obviously going down on one leg with a significant weight across your shoulders isn't , in my view it is also a better all rounder for the legs than even the squat because it hits the calves as well. Can't beat the squat though, for putting on size,but lunges are a very underrated exercise.

KOBE

Superstar
Daps
if you aint squatting you're not doing legs day. and if you aint doing legs day you aint doing it right. :manny:

also make sure your knees dont go past your toes when you go down, that just fukks up your knees fast. And like others said focus on your form first rather than the weight because the deeper the squat the better and going down 2 inches doesn't mean you're squatting.

• Dap
Reactions: HHR