Do you give to panhandlers?

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
Its funny how people are always like "I'ma give u the money but don't spend it on booze or drugs"

Me, I don't give a f*ck. Spend it on whatever u like. U already living in the street and that's not easy. U might need something to take away the pain, so get u some booze or some drugs, I don't give a sh!t. By giving the money I'm just tryina help the person out. Whatever they do with it is their business.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Sometimes.If i see a sad ass bytch on the side of the road or somethin i might shoot her a couple bucks.But if them motherfukkers on yo ass when you gettin out your car n shyt hell naw.
I tell them get the fukk on before the get knocked out.

yea i feel u..............them nikkas who hawk me aint getting shyt........

there's one dude i see who gets the money and gives thanks to God everytime he gets it........

i feel compelled to give him something

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I dont. plus out here, there's too many of them. in front of cvs, when I get on the train, when I get off the train, basically every time I gotta go in a store. plus I usually dont have cash. and if I do, its the cash to put on my card for the train.

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
it really depends. on any average day i probably run into five panhandlers. that's not to say all of them ask me for change but i would say at least two on average ask me for some form of change. that adds up after a while. so it depends on my mood when they ask me or how they go about doing it, if they've asked me already before (i run into a lot of repeat panhandlers). new orleans has a bad problem with homelessness and vagabonds running around in the streets. you can walk down streets in the french quarter, streets like royal street, and see homeless people sleeping in the doorways of high-end antique shops. then you've got the panhandlers that are always in a certain area, like in the marigny, and they're always asking for change from you. when that happens, i get pissed.

but, yeah, it's a real problem in this city...

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
I do, I feel bad if I don't have anything. Seriously, seeing a lot of cats who are out there effed up does something to me. A dollar or two or a cig are the least I can do.

I've never panhandled but I've had some straight IDIOT moments where I lost or misplaced my wallet, someone always gave me money or something no prostie

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Its funny how people are always like "I'ma give u the money but don't spend it on booze or drugs"

Me, I don't give a f*ck. Spend it on whatever u like. U already living in the street and that's not easy. U might need something to take away the pain, so get u some booze or some drugs, I don't give a sh!t. By giving the money I'm just tryina help the person out. Whatever they do with it is their business.

I feel the same exact way. If I give you money, I don't give a fukk what you do with it.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty

I don't think enabling an alcoholic to buy booze or an addict to score drugs is helping them out though. NOT giving them money seems more beneficial to them IMO.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I feel like they're going to spend it on drugs or liqour, I'll give them a couple bucks. :smugdraper:

If I suspect they want some food though, I'll keep it moving :birdman:

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
I don't think enabling an alcoholic to buy booze or an addict to score drugs is helping them out though. NOT giving them money seems more beneficial to them IMO.

They are already in that position. Its not like I'm turning them on to drugs or alcohol. If they are alkies or junkies they are gonna score whether you like it or not.

Its fukked up but that's the way it is

If they didn't have those problems they probably wouldn't be homeless in the 1st place. By giving the money I'm just tryina help out. Do whatever u want with it.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

People go do what the go do regardless. It's not like dope fiends go stop doing dope if you don't five em 5 bucks. I'm all for people doing what they want to do in life, as long as they not harming anyone else. If a nikka wanna smoke or drink his life away then so be it. I feel like if I look out for someone, my responsibility stops when I hand over the money. if they grown, they can decide themselves what they want to do with it.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
People go do what the go do regardless. It's not like dope fiends go stop doing dope if you don't five em 5 bucks. I'm all for people doing what they want to do in life, as long as they not harming anyone else. If a nikka wanna smoke or drink his life away then so be it. I feel like if I look out for someone, my responsibility stops when I hand over the money. if they grown, they can decide themselves what they want to do with it.

Yup. This is pretty much how I feel.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
Do not speak of your charity. You take away your blessing. Give because you want to not to portray yourself as righteous to friends.

naw, the intention of this thread isnt to gloat on our personal charities. If that was the case i would have titled it "what do you give to panhandlers" or something along those lines.

But naw, the intention of this thread is simply to examine the thought process behind someone who gives and someone who doesnt, friend.