Do You Expect Wildy Different Review Scores Once Embargo Lifts On Starfield?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I'm expecting everything from 10/10 to 4/10. I think it's going to be a "Death Stranding" situtaion all over again when the gaming media can't come to a clear consensus on the game so we'll see wildy varying scores. I honestly love those types of games that divide opinions like that; it's boring to me when all everyone universally praises something as a 10/10 masterpice or the opposite when they all dogpile on a game and make it out to be the worst thing ever (Fallout 76 for example).
I think Starfield will be one of those rare games where the gaming media will be heavily divided and I think it will create a lot of interesting discussion on the game :ohhh:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm expecting everything from 10/10 to 4/10. I think it's going to be a "Death Stranding" situtaion all over again when the gaming media can't come to a clear consensus on the game so we'll see wildy varying scores. I honestly love those types of games that divide opinions like that; it's boring to me when all everyone universally praises something as a 10/10 masterpice or the opposite when they all dogpile on a game and make it out to be the worst thing ever (Fallout 76 for example).
I think Starfield will be one of those rare games where the gaming media will be heavily divided and I think it will create a lot of interesting discussion on the game :ohhh:

80s but Death Stranding is a great comparison.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah I’m expecting 80s type. Don’t think it’ll be Elden ring type scores or Redfall type scores

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
To me this will either be a 10/10 or a cyberpunk 2099 release day disaster.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
To me this will either be a 10/10 or a cyberpunk 2099 release day disaster.

Naw i honestly feel like it might just be a high 80’s type game. It’’s gonna get a lot of 10’s and some 7’s and 6’s from people that really aint feeling the formula.

There are more people playing games now than when skyrim and even fallout 4 came out so theres gonna be more diverse opinions from people that didn’t like the last couple of games.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not from critics…definitely from “user” reviews tho

I’m expecting the MC overall critic review score to be between 88 and 93

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Looks like OP landed on a procedurally generated gas giant made of pure copium

Ruh roh!

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Naw i honestly feel like it might just be a high 80’s type game. It’’s gonna get a lot of 10’s and some 7’s and 6’s from people that really aint feeling the formula.

There are more people playing games now than when skyrim and even fallout 4 came out so theres gonna be more diverse opinions from people that didn’t like the last couple of games.
I feel like the formula is probably going to be felt by most people if it works as it has been advertised so far. but thats the thing, people are expecting an Open world game, thats literally open galaxy. invisible walls and walking on water, and stuff like that i've seen so far, might disappoint if its too limiting towards that end.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like the formula is probably going to be felt by most people if it works as it has been advertised so far. but thats the thing, people are expecting an Open world game, thats literally open galaxy. invisible walls and walking on water, and stuff like that i've seen so far, might disappoint if its too limiting towards that end.

It will depend more on the role playing/choices/story/builds, etc. than i think it will depend on the exploration and stuff.

Exploration is always overstated by developers

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
If a game is good enough and media likes them, they are willing to ignore the smaller details they would criticize others on. Starfield will have its common issues but it looks like a good game and people want it to succeed. I think it will do well in reviews. I don't see it getting any low scores at all.