Do you ever yearn to play old games?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Playing through the classic doom trilogy right now, not that shytty doom 3, doom 64 is the real third game in the trilogy imo.
I just started that as well, I bought Doom 1,2,and 64 coincidentally because they was each $2.50 on sale a few months back
I never played it on PC back in the day.. its cooler than I thought it would be. I can tell its meant to be played on a keyboard tho

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I just started that as well, I bought Doom 1,2,and 64 coincidentally because they was each $2.50 on sale a few months back
I never played it on PC back in the day.. its cooler than I thought it would be. I can tell its meant to be played on a keyboard tho
I played them on PC back in the days, beat them multiple times throughout the years. Make sure you download TNT Evilution and The Plutonia experiment add ons, which ended up becoming final doom that was released for psx.

Doom 64 was severely slept on too, arguably the best in the series but nobody played it when it came out because it was sprite based with gameplay similar to Doom 1 and 2 when everyone had moved on to 3d shooters like golden eye.

If you like that style of gameplay, check out duke nukem 3d and the recently released ion fury which pays homage to Duke nukem 3d, also Dusk which pays homage to the classic doom series and the original quake trilogy.

Dusk is available on gamepass too, so make sure you check that out.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I played them on PC back in the days, beat them multiple times throughout the years. Make sure you download TNT Evilution and The Plutonia experiment add ons, which ended up becoming final doom that was released for psx.

Doom 64 was severely slept on too, arguably the best in the series but nobody played it when it came out because it was sprite based with gameplay similar to Doom 1 and 2 when everyone had moved on to 3d shooters like golden eye.

If you like that style of gameplay, check out duke nukem 3d and the recently released ion fury which pays homage to Duke nukem 3d, also Dusk which pays homage to the classic doom series and the original quake trilogy.

Dusk is available on gamepass too, so make sure you check that out.
I do like it, and I'm thinking about playing it with a keyboard. I used the Mouse keyboard combo for Counter-Strike back in the day, and Quake 3 Arena on Dream cast so I have experience. I think Doom will be more enjoyable that way. But I was managing well with th controller. It just felt too floaty

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I do like it, and I'm thinking about playing it with a keyboard. I used the Mouse keyboard combo for Counter-Strike back in the day, and Quake 3 Arena on Dream cast so I have experience. I think Doom will be more enjoyable that way. But I was managing well with th controller. It just felt too floaty
It is a bit floaty on a controller but you get use to it fast. Doom 64 is slower paced than doom 1 and 2 so you'll probably have an easier time with it since it was developed with a controller in mind.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
The Konami Joint?
That shyt if they continued to make new ones would be better than 2K

What, no Legendary Axe 1 & 2? No China Warrior? I remember Keith Courage in Alpha Zones & Ordyne was my shyt on TG:whew:(And Devils Reach)

No, most of my TG games were stolen when I let my cousin borrow them. I just never got around to replacing them. I spent more time rebuilding my SNES and Genesis library.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
No, most of my TG games were stolen when I let my cousin borrow them. I just never got around to replacing them. I spent more time rebuilding my SNES and Genesis library.
You have played those games tho right? Legendary Axe I would play right now. Keith Courage I ended up playing that recently because its on live for whatever reason and its ass. Bonk is dope. I got a friend who look just like that nikka :laugh: I'm bout to clown him

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Not particularly old but I always want to play Sleeping Dogs. I've had it on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and XBox One.

Haven't gotten it on current gen. Not sure why I haven't.

And I always want to play Final Fight for some reason. :manny:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
I recently fired up ff3. Then found out they did a 3d remake . That game is 🔥

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Not particularly old but I always want to play Sleeping Dogs. I've had it on PS3, Xbox 360, PS4, and XBox One.

Haven't gotten it on current gen. Not sure why I haven't.

And I always want to play Final Fight for some reason. :manny:
Yeah I got the next gen version as a games with gold title.. Never played it either :russ:

And I have that Final Fight itch too bruh.. If you don't know, Capcom Arcade Stadium Vol.1 download that and then Final Fight is only $2 in that.
Vol.2 has shyt like Megaman arcade pt.1 and 2 and some mo shyt... also for like $2 each, don't sleep if you didn't know

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You have played those games tho right? Legendary Axe I would play right now. Keith Courage I ended up playing that recently because its on live for whatever reason and its ass. Bonk is dope. I got a friend who look just like that nikka :laugh: I'm bout to clown him
Oh yeah but it’s been a very very long time. At least 20 years.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Mainly sports games, because the games are so trash now. Every now and then I feel an urge to play the old school Driver 2 from the PS. Smackdown vs Raw 2008, I miss that one too sometimes.

...and for the love of everything I'm practically begging activision to stop making crappy CoDs and just start remastering the old ones. I want my MW2, BO2, remasters.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bought an LED backlit Gameboy color and copped Pokemon Silver from a local retro game shop. Been playing it the last few weeks and have been reliving carpool rides to basketball/soccer tournaments back when we were 12-14 :ohlawd:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
The Konami Joint?
That shyt if they continued to make new ones would be better than 2K

The one and only

1666059260355074-1.png

1666059262493085-0.png

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Yeah I got the next gen version as a games with gold title.. Never played it either :russ:

And I have that Final Fight itch too bruh.. If you don't know, Capcom Arcade Stadium Vol.1 download that and then Final Fight is only $2 in that.
Vol.2 has shyt like Megaman arcade pt.1 and 2 and some mo shyt... also for like $2 each, don't sleep if you didn't know
Man... I fukkin love that game. Probably my favorite game of all time.