Do you care if Black game developers are working on games starring Black characters?

Do you care if Black game developers are working on games starring Black characters?

• Yes, it's important that Black people are involved in creating video games starring Black characters

• No, I don't care about this

• Whether I care or not depends on if the game is exclusive to the platform I stan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
No. I think the concept of representation is a dead end. Things get made for specifically for black ppl and we're mad when it doesn't appeal to a broader audience.

Do I value Black creators? Hell yea.

But, I hate this idea we're pigeon holed into only "representation." If a Black man wanted to make a video game based on Norse mythology, I wouldn't want him forced to "represent" in the game. Of course, I'd like to see other black folks working on it.

A Black woman shouldn't have to go all "Black Girl Magic"/Toxic Masculinity if she was the head of the next Infamous game.

People forget this is a business.

Ryan Coogler was being pigeon holed into any making movies, in the MCU, about Black Panther and Wakanda.

I'd love to see him direct the next Ironman movie--hypothetically.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
Yes, not only do non black teams fukk up black looks ( hairstyles). They often times make characters one dimensional, like the all there is to black characters is only what they show you, no layers. We can’t be complex or have any depth unless it’s serves someone else’s narrative. This is oftentimes overlooked. Definitely need more black developers, but we know they won’t receive the same amount of funding.
You gave Freeze a kufi lmao

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
No. I think the concept of representation is a dead end. Things get made for specifically for black ppl and we're mad when it doesn't appeal to a broader audience.

Do I value Black creators? Hell yea.

But, I hate this idea we're pigeon holed into only "representation." If a Black man wanted to make a video game based on Norse mythology, I wouldn't want him forced to "represent" in the game. Of course, I'd like to see other black folks working on it.

A Black woman shouldn't have to go all "Black Girl Magic"/Toxic Masculinity if she was the head of the next Infamous game.

People forget this is a business.

Ryan Coogler was being pigeon holed into any making movies, in the MCU, about Black Panther and Wakanda.

I'd love to see him direct the next Ironman movie--hypothetically.
Didn’t some mammy ass c00n call the pigs on the breh?

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Look at who does the voice acting for Lifeline in Apex Legends. They really got some random mixed VA speaking patois and it doesn't sound authentic at all.

Of course the hispanic, asian and indian legends all have strong stereotypical accents too.

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
If the individual (s) created a video game it's their decision what to do with it, and my decision to purchase it or not purchase it

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i want it all. i want black characters made by black developers. i want black characters made by non-blacks. i want black characters to be so common that it's no longer so precious.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
If it's a game ignoring the black condition In America it's just fir needing a hug.