Do you care if Black game developers are working on games starring Black characters?

Do you care if Black game developers are working on games starring Black characters?

• Yes, it's important that Black people are involved in creating video games starring Black characters

• No, I don't care about this

• Whether I care or not depends on if the game is exclusive to the platform I stan

Results are only viewable after voting.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Besides voice acting, I don't care. The world and the characters never have enough depth for black writers and developers to make a big difference.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Not just main characters. And the black people who are a part of the process aren't hand picked by cacs to project their degeneracy and biases onto said black characters.

Last edited:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
If definitely helps. You wouldn't end up with situations like Forspoken where you have a bunch of non Black people cobbling together Black stereotypes to create a "Black" character

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Depends on what they're going for. A game about Generic Shooter Man #4636 who just happens to be black not being made by black people is fine by me. Where they mess up is when they try to write a "black" version of Generic Shooter Man #4636 character. Just write that same knock off Uncharted/MCU dialogue you'd typically write, and just hire some black actors. That'll get you 99% of the way there to creating a character that black people won't roast you for.

If they have bigger character ambitions than Generic Shooter Man #4636 and a want to "say something" then they need to hire black writers because they're going to fukk shyt up if they don't.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
No I don't care, the game just has to be good, that's all that matters. What really matters is black devs getting the same opportunities as white devs.

Daps
Yes, not only do non black teams fukk up black looks ( hairstyles). They often times make characters one dimensional, like the all there is to black characters is only what they show you, no layers. We can’t be complex or have any depth unless it’s serves someone else’s narrative. This is oftentimes overlooked. Definitely need more black developers, but we know they won’t receive the same amount of funding.

rjm!

Not with the theatrics
Daps
If the game is good and not LGBT focused or some other weird agenda I'm supporting it.

I'm not supporting games that are terrible just because it has a black protagonist, I'm for black excellence not mediocrity.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If the game is good and not LGBT focused or some other weird agenda I'm supporting it.

I'm not supporting games that are terrible just because it has a black protagonist, I'm for black excellence not mediocrity.

Right, also love when black creatives pat themselves on the back for having a black main character and then proceeding to stick them with a white love interest or bestie, or making them part of the alphabet

Frolickingmami

I'm back sukkasssss
Daps
I have no answer except that,
It's nice to see representation for all races. Unless it's a setting in a specific environment.

rjm!

Not with the theatrics
Daps
Right, also love when black creatives pat themselves on the back for having a black main character and then proceeding to stick them with a white love interest or bestie, or making them part of the alphabet
I didn't like Miles Morales because he sounded gay as hell, they wouldn't have done that to a white protagonist...

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
No, there always need to be a black creative in the process.

We don't need alphabet lgbt mess, sports related, or music need apply :martin:. We just want some regular ass black folk without all that extra.

I'm fine on the cybernetics/electricity trope too. I've never had a problem with that and would prefer it to what I said above.