Do you agree with this WHITE poster saying everyone should be allowed to say the N-WORD ?

Sex Luthor

I'm like kryptonite to these thots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NOLA
Do I agree that they should? No...

But yall gotta stop equating the n word to blackness. White people created the gotdamn word, yet you never hear nobody of any background calling it a "white" thing. Wonder why? Why are we so eager to claim that word as ours?

I'm as human as anyone else and I have an issue with using it alot. I also cringe when I hear nonblacks, especially white people, using it. But I'm under no impression that white people don't use it anyway, there are nonblacks that don't have any black friends or family that use the word with impunity...

Whites use it, Latinos, Asians, Indians, Natives, Arabs, Islanders, there isn't a group over here in America that doesn't have a subgroup of its population that use it. It's an American thing and the control over its usage has been given up for normalization...

That's said, this is a majority black site, and anybody who isn't black should respect the consensus of the black spaces they are in. The general outlook on here is we aren't cool with white dudes throwing it around.....so don't. It isn't hard, and the mention of black folk calling nonblacks that is irrelevant if the request is we don't want you to use it. If that request is too difficult, remove yourself from this platform and keep using it with your black and nonblack friends in real life who are okay with it...

There will never be a strong consensus on the word. I just want my brothers and sisters to stop saying it's a "black" thing. It ain't, there are way too many qualities of blackness to minimize it to the permission if using the n word. Many of us do use it, and we did make it more cool for others to use it, and too many of us DO NOT check our language in public and/or nonblack spaces...

But it's not a fukking "black" thing...
I've had this conversation multpile times on here. They came at me crazy when I asked why so many people find it weird or get uncomfortable when white people get called nikka

That word isn't just reserved for us. It blows my mind that some people are more comfortable with being called that than calling a non black person that same word.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Should we call the train on @bangbreh?
0L0pDgU.png

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I've had this conversation multpile times on here. They came at me crazy when I asked why so many people find it weird or get uncomfortable when white people get called nikka

That word isn't just reserved for us. It blows my mind that some people are more comfortable with being called that than calling a non black person that same word.
People who call cacs or Mexicans or whatever ain’t black a nikka are lame as fukk. End of story.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
How'd I wake up on your mind OP from some random thread how many years ago:dwillhuh:
From a quick look those old posts were just bringing up double standards I saw at the time.

Check any recent history post September '17 when I changed my life.
I used to be antagonistic and engage in bullshyt like that.
Now, no.

I ain't arguing with anybody over how folks decide who can use a word I don't use myself:camby:
Won't be hard to find my feelings on the state of everything that's currently happening.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

Well here's the thing, I feel like if it's truly something we use with each other, keep it that way. Stop promoting it publicly. When I'm in public or in nonblack spaces, I do not drop the n word. I just don't, I've very cognizant of time and place and ain't no white person or nonblack whose ever known me could use the excuse, "well you use it all the time and call us that", because I don't...

The problem is too many black folk don't check how they speak when we aren't around our own. Given that's a fact, it shouldnt be a surprise that many nonblacks default to that excuse because they are in and around these spaces where we let the word fly recklessly. They hear this shyt, so of course they respond that way...

Its those brothers and sisters that make it difficult to check anybody nonblack from saying it. Not to mention, a number of us have nonblack social circles and have no issue with nonblacks using it, so that's the other layer. Both black men AND women, too many of us have white or other nonblack friends that say "nikka" when they feel like it and not only are we unbothered by it, we'll defend the right for nonblacks to say it...

The other layer is we promote it in our contemporary art endlessly. Like do we really think crackers and other nonblacks don't watch our comedy specials? Listen to our hip hop? Read our novels? That's the other layer...so then you get these rap tours where 95% of the audience isn't black and they recite "nikka" with their favorite artists and no one, certainly not the artists, bats an eye...

So then these nonblacks get around blacks who don't approve of their usage and are confused, or play confused...

The evolution in commercialization of the word is complicated and complex. I do use it too much, not around my daughters or nonblack people and spaces, but I use it. And I'm NOT an advocate for everybody just being able to say it----->my stance is, since opinions on who can say it differ amongst black folk, nonblacks need to respect the consensus of whatever black circle they're in. If the black folk over there are okay with you using it, I may disagree, but understand that's their opinion. If the black folks in another area aren't with it, don't use it period, regardless if all your "black friends and fam" back home were okay with it. Those black folk ain't these black folk...

I'd really prefer these white controlled conglomerates that run our media and pop culture minimize how its marketed, even though that may be unrealistic in the current time. I ain't comfortable with whites saying it at all, and I'm not comfortable with most "POC" nonblacks using it, however I realize the spread of its usage is too much for me to police, so I don't unless its directly in a space I can impact (at work, my home, my school). All these muhfukkas say it anyway, never for a second should anybody think these white people "don't say it" amongst themselves just because some of us tell them not to; I've been at Walmarts or beaches and other public places and seen literal groups of white girls and guys letting it fly, with not a single black person in their circle. So they all use it anyway...

My thing is even if we choose to use it, let's stop promoting it as a black thing. We don't have to justify how we speak to one another, and it ain't a black thing regardless....