Do the Right Thing 25th Anniversary

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
spike was going in on donald and the brooklyn gentifriction fukk you talkin bout

Oh, you mean the same shyt that has been happening since the late 1970s with the hypersegregation of the urban sector and the political subjugation and economic exploitation of blacks and other minorities? He's really been saying things about this in 2014???? Wow....

And tell me about those recent Spike Lee films...

Face it breh, you dealing with two capitalists who worked together on one movie to talk about oppression: malcolm X; yes, Spike has done amazing things for black progress in films in the late 80s and 90s and I thought his katrina documentaries are 2 of the best in history, but in the last 5 years, both have disappeared and softened their voice against oppression...And Denzel is about his money.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Oh, you mean the same shyt that has been happening since the late 1970s with the hypersegregation of the urban sector and the political subjugation and economic exploitation of blacks and other minorities? He's really been saying things about this in 2014???? Wow....

Face it breh, you dealing with two capitalists who worked together on one movie to talk about oppression: malcolm X; yes, Spike has done amazing things for black progress in films in the late 80s and 90s and I thought his katrina documentaries are 2 of the best in history, but in the last 5 years, both have disappeared and softened their voice against oppression...And Denzel is about his money.

you never seen mo betta blues and he got game thats more than one movie breh

Young Bishop

Piff Poster
Daps
Reppin
Broward County
She's gotta have it, Malcolm X,and Do the right thing are Spikes top three best movies in my opinion. It's damn shame this movie didn't get that Oscar that year. Instead I think they gave to Driving Miss Daisy:childplease:

Daps

Post examples of this softened voice.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Why bring this shyt into this thread man? Spike has done enough for the black community already IMO so why try to shyt on his legacy by taking the "what have you done for me lately" attitude. He's done more for our culture and given us voices through film than any black film maker or figure in the past 20-25 years. Of course both men want to make money but don't make it seem like they sacrificed their pride, dignity, and integrity for money or sold out somehow. Spike is outspoken and speaks on shyt that makes others uncomfortable so studios are wary of backing his projects which is why his voice and influence hasn't been heard or seen on flim recently. He was on The Breakfast Club last year talking about this shyt in detail.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:blessed: Finally watching this for the 1st time!

EDIT:
:ohhh: Looking at the subtitles, I've never paid attention to the lyrics in the verses of "Fight the Power". They saying some real shyt.

Last edited:

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Spike got my GOAT movie Malcolm X and Do the Right Thing in my top 10.

Love this movie since I saw it as a kid but didn't understand it fully til I got older and now appreciate even more especially with the relevancy it has today.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
double dipping brehs

@HHR criterion sale purchase? :jawalrus:

dotherightthingblu1.jpg

dotherightthingblu3.jpg

dotherightthingblu4.jpg

dotherightthingblu5.jpg

dotherightthingblu6.jpg

dotherightthingblu7.jpg

dotherightthingblu8.jpg
dotherightthingblu9.jpg

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:yeshrug: I hear what y'all saying but in terms of black movies from the 90's/early 80's that I need to see, this ain't a high priority. In fact Spike Lee movies like "Jungle Fever", "Clockers", & "He Got Game" are a higher priority for me.

:whoo: But all the pics in this thread are peaking my interest more in this movie.

EDIT::damn: I just looked through Spike Lee's filmography on Wikipedia & realized the ONLY Spike Lee-DIRECTED movies I have seen are "Inside Man" and "The Original Kings of Comedy". I really need to sit down & watch all his classics.

:heh: I always thought "White Men Can't Jump" was a Spike Lee joint, so I guess that doesn't count.

This is a neg worthy post.

White fukking Men Can’t Jump a SPIKE LEE JOINT:gucci: