Do some people still think the coronavirus is a hoax?!

mag357

Superstar
Daps
No. Because only 1 in 1000 people die from the flu, it doesn't put 5% of its victims on a respirator, and we already have vaccines and partial immunity.

They are shook of coronavirus because the death rate appears much higher, because it puts a lot of folk on respirators, and because we have no vaccine and no immunity.

The issue isn't how many people have ALREADY died. If you wait till that many people have ALREADY died, you're totally fukked. You've lost. You can't respond to pandemics AFTER they happen, do you realize that?

The issue is that if we do nothing, and just as many folk catch this shyt as catch the flu, then our entire health care system will be fukked over and hundreds of thousands of people will die. So we take preventative measures so that WON'T happen.

Here's my question for you. If a highly communicable pandemic is spreading that could potentially kill 1% of its victims, how long do you think the government should wait to mount a serious response? Do you think they should wait until 50,000 people die to take things seriously? What's your cut-off point for serious action?

Great question...
If that was the case.... then a government would have to do something.

Heres the problem... like I said in another thread.
Tom hanks, his wife... Idris, rudy, etc has it.
If they dont die and pull thru this with NO serious complications (pretty much all of them werent sick at all)
Then I'd be questioning all the information already put out there about the virus.

So what I'm trying to say is that... ur talking about how bad this virus is without ur own 1st hand knowledge.
I pretty much only go by knowledge that I can pretty much monitor with my own eyes (even that cant be trusted at times)

But ur saying how bad this thing is.... and I'm saying that this thing is in the US now, and apparently, from what I'm seeing, if I'm the government... the country should go on business as usual :yeshrug:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not talking about "the media." Saying "the media" means nothing to me because there's 10,000 different media sources and I ignore 90% of them. I'm sure someone in "the media" has overreacted. You can see several threads on here where I go at people for spreading overreacting bullshyt and I started my own thread where in the OP I point out that most people will be just fine.

I haven't bought toilet paper or a month's worth of food or any supplies at all. Me and mine will be just fine with what we got.

I'm only talking about the OFFICIAL response. What the public in general has been instructed to do by the government. And there are very obvious, clear reasons why that response has been completely different than for previous epidemics and why the flu is not an equal comparison.

Here you were talking about the election. We might not have one. You should take this seriously. Are they still holding the primaries in those four states?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Maybe not a hoax, but a catalyst to a bigger game. Economic collapse,war and vacines that people will ask for..only God knows what will be in them vaccines:yeshrug: t

The reactions by the world gov,sporting companies etc seem to drastic and planned but whateva

"Hey lets get together and lose trillions of dollars we can't make back" :troll:

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
China already closing corona hospitals
Life returning to Wuhan
Apple reopening all stores in China
All raptor players tested negative
Donovon Mitchell tested positive yet has no symptoms and doing well
Majority of dead are those of old age and weakened immune system
China Korea Japan Thailand Singapore already have this under control
Hardly effecting Africa
World has ample time to follow the model of East Asia and recover quickly and get back to normal life
Flu kills more people

Hoax?! Maybe not, completely overblown by the establishment most definitely

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Maybe not a hoax, but a catalyst to a bigger game. Economic collapse,war and vacines that people will ask for..only God knows what will be in them vaccines:yeshrug: t

The reactions by the world gov,sporting companies etc seem to drastic and planned but whateva

China already closing corona hospitals
Life returning to Wuhan
Apple reopening all stores in China
All raptor players tested negative
Donovon Mitchell tested positive yet has no symptoms and doing well
Majority of dead are those of old age and weakened immune system
China Korea Japan Thailand Singapore already have this under control
Hardly effecting Africa
World has ample time to follow the model of East Asia and recover quickly and get back to normal life
Flu kills more people

Hoax?! Maybe not, completely overblown by the establishment most definitely

Close thread

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
but ignore a perfectly healthy smiling video game playing pro athlete on TV saying out of his mouth that he feels fine brehs

also ignore two old white people who've been live streaming their issue from day 1 so you can try to come across smarter than everybody on a message board brehs
If they dont die and pull thru this with NO serious complications (pretty much all of them werent sick at all)
Then I'd be questioning all the information already put out there about the virus.

And again, this is just proving what an incredible handicap lack of education is. LOTS of people have little to no effects from very serious diseases, especially viruses. They don't affect everyone the same way. The Spanish Flu was the deadliest epidemic in history and 90% of its victims survived, most of them with only minor effects. Yet 50 million still died even while another billion were just fine.

If you don't get that a disease can be serious and yet some people only suffer minor or even zero effects, there's nothing left to say.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love this thread.I'm taking notes & keeping tab.Just in case I have to put a survival squad together
full

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Can you give an example of who is acting like it's a "death sentence"? I mean authorities. So far all the information I've been seeing says that a lot of people who get it have only minor effects and even old folk can survive. The worst death rate I've heard is 15% for 80+ - that's REALLY high, but at the same time it means 85% survive, right?

"Suped up flu that there's no vaccine for and no one has immunity yet that puts 5-10% of its victims on respirators" is pretty fukking bad breh. Whether the death rate is 1% or 3% or 0.5% or whatever, if people really didn't do anything, and it came through and got 50 million folk sick in America like the flu usually does, you're talking 2-5 million folk on respirators and maybe 200,000 to 1,000,000 dead. That's horrible even if 97%-99% of the victims survive.

I don't think people realize how life-altering a suped-up flu is to the way this country runs when it's one we have no resistance to. And the fact that so many of the victims have to spend time on respirators, even if they are gonna survive, is what really has countries shook because the health care system just doesn't have the resources to deal with that many people. That's why you're seeing all these measures - the whole point is to limit the outbreak to as few people as possible so the health care system keeps up.
Yep, and not only that, several studies are seeing it may also cause life pasting scaring effects on our lungs like MERS and SARS.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
Great question...
If that was the case.... then a government would have to do something.

So what I'm trying to say is that... ur talking about how bad this virus is without ur own 1st hand knowledge.
I pretty much only go by knowledge that I can pretty much monitor with my own eyes (even that cant be trusted at times)

But ur saying how bad this thing is.... and I'm saying that this thing is in the US now, and apparently, from what I'm seeing, if I'm the government... the country should go on business as usual :yeshrug:

Pretty much all of this.

No rational thinking person is in agreeance with a complete upending of our way of life, cancelling sports, and closing down businesses when most of the people who get this "virus" are fine.

Only people stamping this are contrarians and conspiracy theorists who've been dying for this day so they can get their moment in the sun :comeon:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No rational thinking person is in agreeance with a complete upending of our way of life, cancelling sports, and closing down businesses when most of the people who get this "virus" are fine.

Even if you have ZERO information about anything outside of that one sentence, that one sentence you just wrote is so blatantly stupid it destroys your argument.

Let's say if we don't do anything, a virus will infect 50 million Americans like the flu does. Pretend for a moment that 90% will be just fine, 10% will be serious, and 1% will die.

That's 5 million serious cases and 500,000 deaths. Our medical system could never handle it. Yet you're arguing that we shouldn't take measures to stop that kind of spread because "most of the people who get this virus are fine."

The fact that you are so stupid on medical matters that you don't even realize that most people can be fine and it can still have terrible effects is why no one should listen to people like you.