Do people enjoy sports anymore?

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I swear, sports fans find the dumbest reasons to no longer enjoy great feats in sports now. What happened to the simple of enjoyment of all?

I'm far from a Giants fan but are people actually throwing shade on the ODB catch?

Seriously??

Kobe's 81 points. You name it.

"That was ok..but he didn't do it in the 4th quarter of game 7, with 2 outs in the ninth & the final at bat with no time on the clock."

Then if you do hurdle those self created bars...it's "well..how many rings does he have." Folks just don't want to enjoy sports anymore.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
Sports used to be a refuge from complaining. Everyday life gives us enough annoyance

The answer to your question is obvious really. Out of all the teams in each major sport, only one team wins each year. That gives the other "fanbases" reason to gripe. The vast majority of any particular sports fans are going to be disappointed. Couple that with the forcefed drama every sport's respective commentariat interjects, you get irrational emotion wrapped up in everything.

Only solution would be to give every team a * for effort.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Of course people still enjoy sports.

People just enjoy complaining even more.
Funny thing is the OP dapped this but he complaining in the OP about others go figure. Who cares if they don't enjoy sports or not if you do just watch the games and forget the others. People always going to complain I just think that's human nature

NYC Rebel

Daps
:what: ppl been complaining over sports since sports was invented. Where you been?

Jordans "63 points" against the Celtics would be killed in today's current climate because:

1. His team lost
2. They got swept
3. Didn't do it in a championship game

There was a time where folks simply enjoyed sports and weren't bogged down trying to create "you shouldn't enjoy this feat for these reasons."

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have come to accept that many if not most sports fans are just miserable people who get validation from living vicariously through certain guys and in turn shytting on any guy that threatens that guys spot/shine. You got a bunch of real life :skip:'s walking around looking for any reason to big their guy up and ignoring/minimizing the achievements of guys they don't like. I am all for a good debate of who is better but some of these cats just take shyt way too far.

BigE214

Future GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Groveside, TX
:what: ppl been complaining over sports since sports was invented. Where you been?

Real talk. It's always and forever will be fun to debate sports and take shots back and forth.

Arguments over the years are getting silly as hell tho, that's what I think @NYC Rebel was getting at. And just to clear it up, I do believe ODB's catch was the best catch I have ever seen in a losing effort

:troll:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Funny thing is the OP dapped this but he complaining in the OP about others go figure. Who cares if they don't enjoy sports or not if you do just watch the games and forget the others. People always going to complain I just think that's human nature
Who said I was complaining? I wrote an over 200 word post about an observation, yet you dumb it down to "complaining" rather than answer the question.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Real talk. It's always and forever will be fun to debate sports and take shots back and forth.

Arguments over the years are getting silly as hell tho, that's what I think @NYC Rebel was getting at. And just to clear it up, I do believe ODB's catch was the best catch I have ever seen in a losing effort

:troll:
LOL!!!! +rep

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Who said I was complaining? I wrote an over 200 word post about an observation, yet you dumb it down to "complaining" rather than answer the question.
You did the same thing you claim I did. I did answer the question just get past the part that made you so quick to reply and you'd see that.

NYC Rebel

Daps
You did the same thing you claim I did. I did answer the question just get past the part that made you so quick to reply and you'd see that.
I gave a broad observation on a tendency for people to downplay athletic feats by creating manufactured bars. How on earth does it relate to this shytty post of yours I'm quoting other than observing that it is indeed shytty?

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
I gave a broad observation on a tendency for people to downplay athletic feats by creating manufactured bars. How on earth does it relate to this shytty post of yours I'm quoting other than observing that it is indeed shytty?
I guess because in the others opinion each other's post is shytty so that's how they relate. Anymore questions?