Do n*ggas consider Oklahoma a southern state?

DJSmooth

Superstar
Daps
:manny: If we being honest

confstates.jpg

Black Steph Curry

Lines are being drawn in the sand.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
Yup. I mean, Pimp C isn’t even a good example, as he claimed Atlanta wasn’t the south :dead:

Look at it this way, all those cowboy movies are set in TX and OK. They’re always considered “The Wild West,” not the south. The South was created before TX was even a state. The southern states are called that not because they are at a certain latitude on a map. It’s because they were the southern states within a certain longitude of colonies
Funny u bring up tha bolded considering u using pimp c type logic all thru this response. :russ:
"Them east texas nikkas ain't southern, even tho they speak wit country ass accents, rep tha south, and live in tha same counties they ancestors was enslaved in. Them nikkas are Texas cowboys! It aint called tha wild wild west for nothing! I seen tha movies!":troll:

U make it seem like all of Texas looks like this
193840-131-258B734E.jpg

Hell Alabama wasn't a colony. Using yo logic we ain't part of tha south neither:mjlol:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Folks in Texas consider it the south.

Most folks from oklahoma consider them the midwest. Even though most of them have southern accents.

But hey folks in oklahoma (mostly the white ones) consider oklahoma is better than texas and talk about the rivalry all the time.

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Funny u bring up tha bolded considering u using pimp c type logic all thru this response. :russ:
"Them east texas nikkas ain't southern, even tho they speak wit country ass accents, rep tha south, and live in tha same counties they ancestors was enslaved in. Them nikkas are Texas cowboys! It aint called tha wild wild west for nothing! I seen tha movies!":troll:

U make it seem like all of Texas looks like this
193840-131-258B734E.jpg

Hell Alabama wasn't a colony. Using yo logic we ain't part of tha south neither:mjlol:
You see, there’s a difference between me and you, I’ve actually lived in the south and the Midwest. I’ve lived in TX, OK, NC, MO and VA (also AZ, CT, IL, IN, and OH). I know what people consider the south and the mid-west, because I actually lived there :francis:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Texas and Oklahoma are both too big geographically to be put in one region. It's ridiculous to say a city like Houston or east Texas aren't Southern. At the same token, it's equally as ridiculous to say somewhere like El Paso, Amarillo, or Laredo are Southern. Same with those towns in the Oklahoma panhandle. Cities like Austin, San Antonio, and Oklahoma City are somewhere inbetween. Very tricky.

Black Steph Curry

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
You see, there’s a difference between me and you, I’ve actually lived in the south and the Midwest. I’ve lived in TX, OK, NC, MO and VA (also AZ, CT, IL, IN, and OH). I know what people consider the south and the mid-west, because I actually lived there :francis:
Shut up nikka, u full of shyt.:camby: u prolly lived in lubbock or amarillo somewhere. Texas was a Confederate state and is considered (specifically east Texas) part of tha south by every metric, geographically, politically and culturally. But i guess u know better than historians & tha people of east Texas as to what region their area resides in right? I guess willie d is a midwestern nikka too right?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Shut up nikka, u full of shyt.:camby: u prolly lived in lubbock or amarillo somewhere. Texas was a Confederate state and is considered (specifically east Texas) part of tha south by every metric, geographically, politically and culturally. But i guess u know better than historians & tha people of east Texas as to what region their area resides in right? I guess willie d is a midwestern nikka too right?

In TX, I’ve lived in Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. I lived in Norman, OK for 4 years too (just south of OKC). I actually lived in these places. You made a thread asking about this shyt, because you don’t know. As somebody that has lived all over the country, I have a unique perspective. I mean, unless somebody else has lived all over the country like I have, I believe I have more knowledge about this than most people. :ufdup:

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You can basically draw a line from Houston, up I-45 to Corsicana, then due North and you have the Western border of the deep South. That's basically where the piney woods start and run all the way to the east coast. Also where the southern BBQ starts. Dallas kind of sits in a unique space in my opinion. Fort Worth and OKC are the cities that are similar, and they are Western plains. Or cities on the Eastern edge of the Western range. Classic cattle drive and shale cities. Maybe extreme Eastern Oklahoma could be considered southern, but I think if that party if the world as it's own region (southern Missouri, NW Arkansas, Eastern Oklahoma)

Black Steph Curry

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville, AL
In TX, I’ve lived in Houston, Dallas, and San Antonio. I lived in Norman, OK for 4 years too (just south of OKC). I actually lived in these places. You made a thread asking about this shyt, because you don’t know. As somebody that has lived all over the country, I have a unique perspective. I mean, unless somebody else has lived all over the country like I have, I believe I have more knowledge about this than most people. :ufdup:
This thread is about Oklahoma. More specifically east oklahoma, a place you've never been to. What's understood don't need to be explained. Anybody who has a bare minimum of understanding of us culture & history, hell any person exposed to texas stereotypes should intuitively know tht east Texas is considered part of tha south. Arguing otherwise is almost as egregious as claiming tht tha earth is flat & tbh i feel like youre just elaborately trolling me. Only problem is it's so many dumbasses on here it's hard to tell tha difference.