Do Latinos think that having white skin = being white?

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So according to @Quarterback logic, Louis CK can't call himself White because he's Mexican

Just look at him, you realize how silly that would sound right?

a quick read of his bio will explain his complexion...

I would have guessed he had Scottish or Irish heredity...

Country of origin in modern times doesn't really matter in the Americas.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I get the same

:heh:

It's like that Light skinned black folk in the tri state area gotta have some kind of Hispanic blood in them, according to them. :mjlol:

Its like if you have non-Hispanic blood in you, they look at you weird.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It's like that Light skinned black folk in the tri state area gotta have some kind of Hispanic blood in them, according to them. :mjlol:

Its like if you have non-Hispanic blood in you, they look at you weird.

shyt is comedy, women usually bring it up. "look at you, I know you speak Spanish :drool:"

Let's talk about it in the morning.

:sas2:

When I lived in Spain they just figured I was from Spain or from SA somewhere.

What a lost bunch.

:mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
shyt is comedy, women usually bring it up. "look at you, I know you speak Spanish :drool:"

Let's talk about it in the morning.

:sas2:

When I lived in Spain they just figured I was from Spain or from SA somewhere.

What a lost bunch.

:mjlol:

LOL when I fukk them hard and they find out that I have yardie blood, they get all :dwillhuh:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Phenotypical white European looking Hispanics/Latinos absolutely exist.....because Hispanic/Latino is not a race but a culture.

However, in Latin American countries, what they may consider "white" may be a few shades darker than here in the U.S....so when a mestizo looking person comes to the U.S. or even born here in the U.S. they may call themselves "white" and Hispanic, because that's how they identified in Latin America....or as Tariq said, they just prefer to be considered white.

It's a relatively arbitrary system in the first place, then take that system and integrate it into the U.S. Census Bureau classification, and it's total fukkery....there is racism connected...but there is also just the fact they have different versions of racial identification based on Hispanic/Latino culture and the particular country they come from.

White Peruvians, but notice the one with sunglasses, if she came to the U.S., would get the :usure: :patrice: treatment if she claimed to be white. That's the perfect example of grey line of "white Hispanic" in the U.S.

attachment.php

Last edited: