do carribeans or hispanics have the woat breakfast dishes??

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
carribeans known for that ackee and salt fish ...shyt doesn't even feel like its meant to be a breakfast dish :huhldup:

20121224-ackee-plate-thumb-625xauto-295666.jpg

or mangu popularized by Dominicans...usually have fried salami on the side :what:

mangu_6_6bf47b4ad910735eb52b6677c1a8c227.today-inline-large.jpg

which do you prefer?

or are you just an old fashion bacon, eggs and pancakes kinda guy? :patrice:

Ackee and salt fish iany "carribean" --- it's specifically Jamaican foo.. You're saying it's Carribean food is like my saying Gyros are Southern European food when Gyros are only part of Greek cuisine.

Also, while I dont like ackee and saltfish myself, it grows on a person and many like it. Looks can be deceiving. I love Jamaican festival (fried bread) and you will too.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
Hope none of y'all shytting on mangu con salami eat fukking potatoes and sausage for breakfast. It's essentially the same shyt. Starch + fried meat.

And the reality is, most people back home just have buttered sweet bread with hot chocolate/coffee like someone else mentioned.

It's still mangu > mashed potatoes and its not even close.

And idc if it makes me a bad Caribbean, I hate salt fish :scust: My mom made that shyt for dinner 3 different ways for 3 straight days last week.

Daps
it starts from the British importing food so that slaves could spend all their time growing cash crops

And Jamaican culture is primarily a mix between Britosh and African culture, no culture in the diaspora is purely African

I thought it was more Indian ( Curry, Roti etc ) than British.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I fukk with oatmeal, fruit and maybe toast for breakfast. I can not fukk with a heavy ass greasy breakfast at 6am :camby:

Maybe later on in the morning I can rock with eggs, turkey sausage pancakes etc.

I can't fukk with any food posted in the OP :manny:
Same. fukk all that hearty shyt. Not tryna have the itis before 10AM.

Eggs with hot sauce and some toast is usually good enough for me. It I'm doing meat it's sausage or bacon.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Did this motherfukker just talk shyt about my Mangu con queso frito and Salami? :what:

H90u2.gif

Negged fakkit, and i hope your mother gets herpes

Cake

Banned
Daps
Lol. I seen nikkas fight over ackee. Hard to believe some don't like it.

Prince Cairo

Authentic
Daps
Reppin
Cairo, Egypt
I don't know how people be having those big ass breakfasts.

A bowl of cereal(healthy, organic cereal) with superfood adds in(Chia seeds, raw pumpkin seeds etc.) and some almond milk or rather, a fruit smoothie is enough for me. I sometimes will have something like scrambled tofu and vegan cheese or pancakes to make something feel like the good ole days but I can't all the time.

People in other countries eat these heavy ass breakfasts because they have a culture of getting up early doing hard manual labor.

Most people here will be good with a poptart and a cup of coffee because they're sitting at a computer all day.

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
good thread :manny: most carribean spots around my way don't open until 11am - they don't acknowledge breakfast :manny: so this thread was enlightning

The M.I.C.

The King In The West đź‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Good Morning Coli.

Just finished making breakfast :ahh: Fried plantain and mint tea :noah:
(Don't ask me why I never mek someting else with the plantain :ld:)

zOavN6R.jpg

NwPiyyj.jpg
mMFNMdk.jpg

I need to start eating like this more often:snoop:

Simple and healthy...I've really never met and overweight Jamaican breh.