Do Black People Do Buddhism?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The fact that no one in here is condemning religions proves to me that the anti Christians on here are demonic.

• Haha
Reactions: MMS

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The fact that no one in here is condemning religions proves to me that the anti Christians on here are demonic.
they just havent heard the good news and received it sincerely

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

NoirDynosaur

Yurrrrrrrrrr
Daps
Reppin
Planet Earth
If I were to practice a religion, it'd probably be Buddhism. Me personally, the idea of reincarnation sounds much more plausible than the concept of a God in a spiritual realm called heaven.
What makes Buddhism different from other religions

Concept of Self: Buddhism challenges the notion of an enduring, independent self. It teaches that the self is not a fixed entity but rather a collection of constantly changing mental and physical phenomena. This idea is known as "anatta" or "no-self." In contrast, many other religions posit the existence of a permanent, unchanging soul or self.

Focus on Human Experience: Buddhism places great emphasis on the individual's direct experience and personal responsibility for understanding and transforming their own minds. It encourages practitioners to develop wisdom, compassion, and mindfulness through practices such as meditation and ethical living. The ultimate goal is to achieve liberation from suffering, known as Nirvana.

Emphasis on Impermanence: Buddhism recognizes the impermanence and transitory nature of all phenomena. It teaches that attachment and craving for things that are inherently impermanent lead to suffering. By cultivating an understanding of impermanence, practitioners aim to develop a more equanimous and accepting attitude towards life's ups and downs.

Compatibility with Science: Buddhism encourages the investigation of reality through personal experience and observation. As a result, it is often seen as compatible with scientific inquiry and findings. Many Buddhist teachings align with scientific understandings of the natural world, and some Buddhist concepts, such as interdependence and the nature of consciousness, have been topics of interest for scientific research.

It's more of a philosophy of life with the likes of Taoism and Confucianism