Do Black Folks Really Need to Be at the Protests? CACs call Black Woman Lizzo at Pro Palestine Protests

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I'm not tearing anyone down. That's what you don't understand, we gonna have to see that same level of respect for life reciprocated, times up with us doing all the heavy lifting while others benefit for free then look at us with disgust and not honor. I'm nobody's mule.

Yet you put down the bar and won't lift it anymore?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
You know who runs trainings for some of the largest police forces that brutalize Black Americans? The Israel Defense Forces?
You know who has sterilized Black migrants and citizens in its own nation? Israel.
You know who was a fiscal and military sponsor for the South African apartheid regime? Israel.

Your cowardice has no bearing on other Black Americans - keep that to yourself, brother.
Being disrespected by racists white people at an Israel-Palestine protests is crazy af though. Might as well start them BLM protests back up if you’re going to have to deal with that :yeshrug: I mean ain’t none of them people at least come stand by her side or anything.. that’s the least they could’ve done right???
I didn’t see this posted here. It looks like good Ole Mississippi was just running the Palestine protestors off.. and she was with them. Ain’t that something.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being disrespected by racists white people at an Israel-Palestine protests is crazy af though. Might as well start them BLM protests back up if you’re going to have to deal with that :yeshrug: I mean ain’t none of them people at least come stand by her side or anything.. that’s the least they could’ve done right???
I didn’t see this posted here. It looks like good Ole Mississippi was just running the Palestine protestors off.. and she was with them. Ain’t that something.
I can't speak to the random college students at this protest - and I don't have any of the context here.

But in 2020, 2016, and 2014 - I can say that pro-Palestinian activists, both college and post-college - were in the streets.
This is from first hand knowledge, I've posted about it on the past here - since I was there: Cleveland, Columbus, DC, Baltimore, and Flint.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It ain't even just Black Americans. I saw the same "who cares about Palestinians, we got our own problems" on the Nigeria subreddit. When Israel treats African migrants like their disposable
Its a vulgar appeal to to nationalism - from people who aren't involved in their own national or ethnic struggles.

I can almost understand the sentiment, from a purely selfish perspective, but its baked in hypocrisy and the whole point is to discourage actual action

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
You know who runs trainings for some of the largest police forces that brutalize Black Americans? The Israel Defense Forces?
You know who has sterilized Black migrants and citizens in its own nation? Israel.
You know who was a fiscal and military sponsor for the South African apartheid regime? Israel.

Your cowardice has no bearing on other Black Americans - keep that to yourself, brother.