Do AEW fans actually like Tony Schiavone?

HYDRO

Old Member
Daps
Reppin
N.W.I.
Hes definitely been phoning it in but hes still really enjoyable

The Tazz/Excalibur/Tony combo is something so different

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Only good one is taz.
FgKQDF0WYAMTIwO.png

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I like Taz, Caprice Coleman, Riccaboni, and the newly hired Nigel McGuinness. Excalibur, he talks a bit much for me (not always his fault when he has to speed run thru the card for the next show in 30 seconds) but I value his historical knowledge and knowledge of all the wrestlers.

Daddy Magic is pretty entertaining on commentary on Dark. Man does it every week like he is living his best life.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
The thing with Schiavone in modern times is that he's showing why dude doesn't really need to be in the HOF. He's the ITS STANGGG guy that overhypes shyt, sounds like a dying blowfish on commentary,and has half the brain of Mike Tenay.

Say what you will about Antonio Vincente Jr, but there's a reason why he let Tony rock for a few shows before going :scust: "take that shyt back to Crockett pal, respecially tho"

Ray Combs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony Schiavone
Time exposed both him and Joey styles. And quiet as kept Mauro renalo was headed there too

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Tony knows his role and doesn't do more than he needs to.

At this stage in his career, he could be the next Mean Gene as opposed to full-time play by play

Its crazy how well Ex and Taz click together

I think they are the longest tenured broadcast team in the company and have a ton of rapport from doing Dark.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Time exposed both him and Joey styles. And quiet as kept Mauro renalo was headed there too

It just seems like the most overhyped announcers become dated fossils.

• Schiavone
  • Styles
  • Ross
  • Mauro
All suffer from the ability to be amazing commentators in their prime, but the transition into the modern day did not do wonders for all of them. It makes me appreciate commentators like Gordon Solie, Mike Tenay, and even......Kevin Kelly.

Its the whole less is more approach.

There was a commentator that used to do a few PROGRESS wrestling shows in the beginning of the promotion. Dude would sound monotone as hell and speaks like he's a BBC host.

It's a shame that dude did not last long in the promotion because I loved his approached to covering matches.

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Tony is an all-time great wrestling announcer. He's "bringing nothing to the table" because they have too many cooks in the kitchen. The commentary team should either just be him and Tazz or JR and Tazz.

Schiavone was trash for years in WCW.

He is not an all time great. Was decent in the early days of WCW particuarly with Ventura but beyond that :camby:

And he was a prick to Bobby Heenan :pacspit: