Do AEW fans actually like Tony Schiavone?

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I like him

He's not as good as he used to be but I'd rather listen to him over most of the current announcers

I was always a huge WCW fan so it's about nostalgia for me

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Its crazy how well Ex and Taz click together versus the 4 headed weave of old, bitter, miserable, and trying hard.

Dub just needs some fresh announcers. I'm talking about the NewLegacyInc brehs. I would legit throw all the leaves on the table to hear JAWNNY die of laughter because of botches.
:mjlol:Jawnny Blud would be hilarious and would be fired after 2 shows for fukkery

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
The problem with Schiavone is that he doesn't really have a role within the commentary team...or the show for that matter, which used to not be the case. In Dynamite's first days, he was a combination of a semi-legit wrestling announcer (both in the sense of being an old-school WCW guy and being a legit baseball commentator) and someone returning to the business after a long sabbatical and rediscovering both what it is and his love for it. That gave us something to hang onto when listening to and watching Schiavone, as well as a proper role for him to fill as a commentator and interviewer.

For some odd reason, they seem to have largely stripped that role from him and turned him into just another announcer, which just isn't necessary when Excalibur (another guy that's regressed over the years, which makes me think this might be a production issue. I certainly don't have the weird and strange hate for him some people here and elsewhere seem to have for him, though) and Taz are doing play-by-play and color, respectively. If they're not going to actually do anything with him, they should just make him into a full-time interviewer and let him focus more on his backstage roles. If they want him to be a proper on-screen presence, though, they're going to need to make him more than an occasional whipping post and cheerleader.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
Caprice and Ricobani, or whatever his name is, are currently my favorite desk team

Now here's a guy I don't really understand the appeal of. He's certainly not bad, but he comes off as a try hard, cut rate Kevin Kelly to me. And Kevin Kelly ain't that good.

...and I kinda hate his voice.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
On cornette’s pod they kept track of everything Schiavonne said on an episode of dynamite and it only amounted to about 18 words of him going “wow” “that was great” “can you believe this?” :mjlol: