DMX It's Dark And Hell Is Hot 20th Anniversary Thread

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Still remember buying this and popping it in as soon as I got in the car. Shocked that I didn't crash when the Intro was playing. It's a damn speeding bullet from the get-go. This is one of the few albums where my favorite song on the album has been EVERY song on the album at one point. Not one weak point. Seeing ppl saying "'X' beat is bland", or "'Y' song was underwhelming" has me like :shaq2:. There is nothing even AVERAGE on this album. shyt is a masterpiece through and through. And considering when it came out, and what it did to the game, it's very clearly a NO DOUBT classic. If you don't agree, then your opinion on rap is shyt. Point blank, period.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Guy: Who dikk you suckin? :francis:
Girl: Don't call me with that bullshyt, alright? :comeon:
Guy: You lyin, you lyin to me, B :childplease:
Girl: Yeah, exactly :usure:
Guy: Who dikk you suckin? C'mon B, I just heard some shyt about you, some foul shyt.
The fukk is the deal? :stopitslime:

Girl: Suck my fukkin dikk, you bytch-ass nikka! I don't :pacspit:
Guy: No, you explain it to me, bytch. You know what I'm talkin about :ufdup:
Girl: I don't know nobody up here! I don't fukk with nobody up here and I ain't been
fukkin with nobody up here! I don't know nobody in fukkin Yonkers!
:camby:
Guy: Lyin-ass bytch, you ain't SHYT. Do I got to holla his name too? :rudy:
Girl: Who the fukk is HE!? :damn:
Guy: bytch, you fukkin him! :pacspit: *hangs up the phone*

*beat kicks in*

How it’s Goin Down is my shyt :russ:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
When this shyt dropped i had to let it play in the car....even when moms or pops was in the whip.....i wouldn't cut it off
A risky move for a 15 year old man with the cursing and violent imagery and what not.....but X was worth the lecture that always followed.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think one thing i love about X alot too is his life performance. He carries the same energy during his performances. Its
impossible not to feel the energy.

Speaking of IDAHIH/FOMFBOMB era;

Look at the energy when X is performing his part;

My fav part is when that "intro" kicks in..

+ Woodstock 99

People said Eminem was the reason why white people loves hip-hop. I told them wrong it was DMX. DMX was the reason why white people love hip-hop cause when I went to high school. these fukking white kids...I mean almost all of white kids have DMX albums in their cd collection before Eminem. shyt had me :wtf:

They also have Juvenile 400 Degreez too. Mostly it was DMX's IDAHIH and Juvenile 400 Degreez in their cd collection,

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
my nikka is the literal GOAT.. ill be back to talk more about X later but ive never heard an album as good as this front to back.

imagine trying to actively get a record deal since 85 ... being unsigned hype in the source in 92 and not blowing until 98?
now a days nikkas make one song and put it on youtube and are famous. X debut album was 26years of struggle and pain unleashed over 18 songs

X also wrote a large portion of this album in jail. which is why he rapped with a scattered flow on alot of songs. he didnt have beats in jail.

the power of this nikkas grind was incredible. realist nikka of all time. so controversial and contradictory.. but thats human nature... we all have been guilty of doing some fukked up shyt and then praying to god for help.. you cant relate to tje pastor in church who projects a perfect image. but you can relate to a nikka that comes where you come from having a conversation with the lord.

Not to mention BODYING damn near every guest apperance from mid 97- spring of 98.. I remember that DMX Vs Canibus tape running rampant in the hoods

OHSNAP!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Still remember buying this and popping it in as soon as I got in the car. Shocked that I didn't crash when the Intro was playing. It's a damn speeding bullet from the get-go. This is one of the few albums where my favorite song on the album has been EVERY song on the album at one point. Not one weak point. Seeing ppl saying "'X' beat is bland", or "'Y' song was underwhelming" has me like :shaq2:. There is nothing even AVERAGE on this album. shyt is a masterpiece through and through. And considering when it came out, and what it did to the game, it's very clearly a NO DOUBT classic. If you don't agree, then your opinion on rap is shyt. Point blank, period.
Nah brah, if you feel the Crime Story beat, then idk what to tell ya. That shyt hot to you? I Can Feel It beat and hook are corny as fukk, always hated the original too. X came thru on both cuts, he was in the zone the entire album. The other songs are unfukkwitable. All 4 singles are among the GOAT rap singles, the two posse cuts are fuego

DarkandHellisHot

All Star
Daps
Now who gon' tell your mother, her baby's under a cover
In the morgue, stiff as a log, sniffed out by the dogs
Son of a hardheaded nikka that wouldn't listen
So you got what you came for
(What's that?) Surgery wit the chainsaw
I hit the fukking streets
Cause, like I said before, ain't nothing going down until I eat
Mu'fukkers think it's all about impressing bytches and stressing bytches
Well, I'm testing bytches game, undressing bytches, and caressing bytches
And dealing wit mu'fukkers on all level, what I'm dealing with is all devils
fukking with snakes running with nikkas you call rebels
I got an army of 730 nikkas, dirty nikkas
That come through and worry nikkas
30 nikkas that like to bury nikkas and scary nikkas get it all the time
Cause what they got is all of mine, your man was talking shyt until I pulled the nine
And if I don't know you, I don't fukk witchu
And if you wit my man, then he getting stuck witchu
And gave it the money, cause I just lost my mind when he crossed the line
Sent his back through his chest then I tossed the nine
Boss of crime, black Gotti, I stack bodies wit the black shotty
bytch-ass nikkas who act snotty
Get it

:wow:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Classic album. The whole listen experience takes you on a long ride to hell and back. I was a kid when this dropped and Ruff Ryders Anthem was my favorite song to sing along to.

The album is like a mix of horrorcore, hardcore rap but it's filled wit vulnerability, hurt, pain, aggression, just so many emotions.

Its like DMX with PTSD was in a therapy session baring his soul, searching for answers from anyone or anything to find peace within himself.

I always felt that was the concept of the album.