DMV got one! | GoldLink - "Crew" ft. Brent Faiyaz, Shy Glizzy...HOT 100 DEBUT- GRAMMY NOMINATED!!!

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Regarding the song in OP, man they fukked it up. Dude slummed the 2nd part of the hook and why not do a regular hook-16-hook-16-hook instead they did hook-16-16-hook end of the song...smh. It could have been a banger if they would have just stuck to a regular song structure.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
No, he wasn't. He's a real live plant that got exposed.

yo can you direct us to some receipts breh? im legit interested, im from the dmv and was always wondering about that with him, cuz i never heard about him until he was pretty much outta here.

i still like dudes music tho, and this song is cool.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Regarding the song in OP, man they fukked it up. Dude slummed the 2nd part of the hook and why not do a regular hook-16-hook-16-hook instead they did hook-16-16-hook end of the song...smh. It could have been a banger if they would have just stuck to a regular song structure.
Man none of them are real rappers.
At all.

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
Man get this clown out of here
Goldlink & The New Myth of the Organic Artist - DJBooth Article

GoldLink used the word “organic” during his interview with Rosenberg to describe his early success through Soundcloud. His first song, “Electric Relaxation,” achieved 30,000 plays within a month. An unknown artist with no buzz or co-signs able to do astounding numbers without lifting a finger. He didn’t have an answer for how, no organized plans, and no marketing strategies. He then continued with his story, how the next few releases did even bigger numbers, 60K, 100K, numbers that Troy Ave has wet dreams about. It’s not possible I thought, it’s not that easy I thought. I know he named his album God Complex but the feat he’s describing is almost more astounding than walking on water. In the age of honesty, we are truth seekers. It’s a natural nosiness that was developed when the walls of separation were wrecked by social media. Artists, especially in hip-hop, are expected to be real and authentic. The infatuation with authenticity comes from believing that the music artists make in hip-hop is sacred. Lyrics are believed, images are taken seriously, in life or in the music industry, all stories are true. If there were laws attached to the culture, one would state that all frauds be beheaded. Off with his head I thought.

About Logic:

Bruh...His label, before it was revealed he was signed to Def Jam, turned the stats off on the youtube videos. Then a person I will not name, who was being flown out to "work with" breh...told me to stop talking about it on facebook because I was fukking up paper. "You should really chill on trying to expose people you never know who's watching your social media, that's how you miss opportunities. Just be diplomatic" ON MY LIFE...if it wasn't those exact words, it was something similar.
I'm not screenshotting my inbox...This was years ago. Nobody KNEW THAT MAN...when I lived in MOCO...Nobody KNEW THAT MAN when I lived in PG...NOBODY KNEW THAT MAN besides y'all and the one dude who worked at Listen Vision studios Uptown DC...and no longer works there.
That's all I'm giving you. shyt fake.

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
Man get this clown out of here
Goldlink & The New Myth of the Organic Artist - DJBooth Article

GoldLink used the word “organic” during his interview with Rosenberg to describe his early success through Soundcloud. His first song, “Electric Relaxation,” achieved 30,000 plays within a month. An unknown artist with no buzz or co-signs able to do astounding numbers without lifting a finger. He didn’t have an answer for how, no organized plans, and no marketing strategies. He then continued with his story, how the next few releases did even bigger numbers, 60K, 100K, numbers that Troy Ave has wet dreams about. It’s not possible I thought, it’s not that easy I thought. I know he named his album God Complex but the feat he’s describing is almost more astounding than walking on water. In the age of honesty, we are truth seekers. It’s a natural nosiness that was developed when the walls of separation were wrecked by social media. Artists, especially in hip-hop, are expected to be real and authentic. The infatuation with authenticity comes from believing that the music artists make in hip-hop is sacred. Lyrics are believed, images are taken seriously, in life or in the music industry, all stories are true. If there were laws attached to the culture, one would state that all frauds be beheaded. Off with his head I thought.

About Logic:

Bruh...His label, before it was revealed he was signed to Def Jam, turned the stats off on the youtube videos. Then a person I will not name, who was being flown out to "work with" breh...told me to stop talking about it on facebook because I was fukking up paper. "You should really chill on trying to expose people you never know who's watching your social media, that's how you miss opportunities. Just be diplomatic" ON MY LIFE...if it wasn't those exact words, it was something similar.
I'm not screenshotting my inbox...This was years ago. Nobody KNEW THAT MAN...when I lived in MOCO...Nobody KNEW THAT MAN when I lived in PG...NOBODY KNEW THAT MAN besides y'all and the one dude who worked at Listen Vision studios Uptown DC...and no longer works there.
That's all I'm giving you. shyt fake.

Thanks for posting breh. I like gold link but I found his immediate appearsnce and ascension suspect, Mainly cuz I'm decently plugged Into the DMV scene so I know about who's making noise. I never heard or saw breh or heard him being mentioned anywhere before he popped off so the whole thing was just 'curious' to me. At least with logic, I'd hear people talking about him, but even then that was still prolly early on once his team started a real hard push for him.

You do really need a team around you to make some noise and get a footing in this music biz. I def understand that, and I'll still salute people who can get that going, cuz finding a team to work together with one goal like that, especially in DC, is tough.