DLC is the worst thing to happen to console gaming

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
said it back in the SOHH days and i stand behind it now. back in the day these companies sold you a whole game. now you gotta buy them piece meal. they're shipping broken games on some we'll fix it later shyt and cutting parts of the game out to either release later or put in as pre-order bonuses.

I remember when Microsoft was pitching console DLC to us back on that MTV special when they announced the 360. remember thinking this is gonna be a nightmare and that it has become. soon after they were selling horse armor on Xbox Live.

some of these games haven't even hit the market and they're already talking day 1 DLC and season passes. games like Final Fantasy XIII-2 had part of the ending as paid DLC. Asura's Wrath also had a DLC true ending.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It's now got out of control, it was decent before as DLC for game would arrive a few months, or even a year after it had come out, so it wasn't that bad, but now you're getting games where they clearly and intentionally cut some of the game for it, I mean the Batman game that's coming out soon has two chapters that were stripped and taken the original/full game and are now Day 1 DLC :beli::snoop:. They did the same crap with Mass Effect 3 and in Dead Space 3 they even made the ending of the game DLC :heh:. This is why I usually just wait for Game of the year additions, at least then I know that i'm getting the full game and not half or a quarter.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Yeah I just got Arkham City GOTY edition for 20. shyt has everything on it fukka dlc :ahh:

Did the same with the Skyrim Legendary edition this summer for 25 :ahh::win:, feel for them nikkas who spent over 80 on it.

Last edited:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just stop being in such a rush to buy shyt the day it comes out...As I've gotten older I just don't understand the need to buy a console or game the DAY it comes out. I can just wait for the GOTY edition to drop or cop a discounted copy later on.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Just stop being in such a rush to buy shyt the day it comes out...As I've gotten older I just don't understand the need to buy a console or game the DAY it comes out. I can just wait for the GOTY edition to drop or cop a discounted copy later on.
This. I buy every game a year or two after release. But, I dont give a shyt about online gaming. I love campaigns. By that time, all of the bugs are fixed and I can buy goty editions.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. I buy every game a year or two after release. But, I dont give a shyt about online gaming. I love campaigns. By that time, all of the bugs are fixed and I can buy goty editions.

When it comes to games that are dependent on online gaming I can kind of understand buying it first day or within the first few weeks since buying it years later you won't find nearly as many people to play with (depending on how popular the game is of course) but for most other games there's no fukking point in buying that shyt first day beside being able to say you got before other people did.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
:scusthov: fukk that mindset

If I want a game I'm gonna buy it, fukk I look like sitting around 2 years till the GOTY version gets cheap

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
said it back in the SOHH days and i stand behind it now. back in the day these companies sold you a whole game. now you gotta buy them piece meal. they're shipping broken games on some we'll fix it later shyt and cutting parts of the game out to either release later or put in as pre-order bonuses.

I remember when Microsoft was pitching console DLC to us back on that MTV special when they announced the 360. remember thinking this is gonna be a nightmare and that it has become. soon after they were selling horse armor on Xbox Live.

some of these games haven't even hit the market and they're already talking day 1 DLC and season passes. games like Final Fantasy XIII-2 had part of the ending as paid DLC. Asura's Wrath also had a DLC true ending.

Thank you Microsoft....

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I definitely slowed down with that 1st day cop shyt. :stopitslime:

Unless it's a AAA must play ASAP joint I ain't coppin shyt 1st day, fukk that, wait for the GOTY edition cuz these developers is eatin' a lil too easy.

Pretty soon they'll be selling Single Player and Multiplayer and CO-OP as separate parts of a complete fukking game for 20-30-40 a piece! :what:

Don't :snooze:

It's so bad I'm really contemplating going back to PC Gaming, I hate all the hassle and complications that come with pc gaming but logically and financially you cannot deny that PC gaming is cheaper and you get more from your money and your titles in the long run, plus PC gaming aint going NO WHERE...