"DJ Hollywood and his crowd were the first rapping to the beat, not Herc's crowd" - Melle Mel

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Coke La Rock describing what he did said on the mic (it was basically shout outs, acknowledging people in the crowd and slick talk but no actual syncopation)

Early mc/bboy/graf/flyer maker in 1970s hiphop who was once down with Herc and could be seen in the movie "Beat Street": Sisco Kid

his thoughts (he's says in the Herc scene, they didn't rap but were doing shout outs with slick talk. He says the first time he saw/heard Rapping (syncopated) was from Luv Bug Starski. As I already mentioned, Luv Bug Starki started rapping after he saw Dj Hollywood and later ran with Pete Dj Jones/Eddie Cheeba/Dj Hollywood)

truth2you

All Star
Daps
@IllmaticDelta

I just seen a video on Michaelwaynetv that confirms what I’ve been thinking. Coke la rock said “Clark Kent”, and “Timmy T” wasn’t at the first Jam of Kool Herc. This means the flyer we use as proof of the first hip hop jam, is a LIE!

We have been tricked about August 11, 1973 being the day Herc started hip hop

If you notice in the video, the flyer for that party was done on an index card!

If you listen to “Phase”, it all makes sense, we were lied to with this Kool Herc story!

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta

I just seen a video on Michaelwaynetv that confirms what I’ve been thinking. Coke la rock said “Clark Kent”, and “Timmy T” wasn’t at the first Jam of Kool Herc. This means the flyer we use as proof of the first hip hop jam, is a LIE!

We have been tricked about August 11, 1973 being the day Herc started hip hop

If you notice in the video, the flyer for that party was done on an index card!

If you listen to “Phase”, it all makes sense, we were lied to with this Kool Herc story!

Yup. I've come to conclusion that, that card was doctored lol. Coke La Rock has mentioned numerous times that most of people claiming they were there at the party in 1973 weren't actually there. I made a post about it here

repost of what I posted:

Question 1) Was this flyer doctored? The Klark K (bboy and then a dj) at the bottom is Clark Kent who Coke La Rock says wasn't at that party or even part of the crew at that time. He says most people that claimed to have been at that party are lying

Zulu Nation even called out Herc on that 1973 party by stating that there were no bboys, mcs or HipHop of any nature being done at that party. If you can read/listen to Herc's own associates who ran with him back then (Clart keny, Coke La Roc, N1qqa Twins, Trixie, Sasa etc...), they basically cosign the naysayers!

Repost:

Since the 1980s, this story of the so-called "start of hiphop" has taken on a mythic status but exactly how much of it is true? Were the hallmarks of what we now think of as hiphop from rappers, bboys, to 2 turntable + 2 copies of the record, djing actually being done at this party? I don't know if yall are aware of this, but Bambatta/Zulu nation said the claim of that party being the birth of the culture is straight bogus!

Zulu Nation Says DJ Kool Herc Did Not Start Hip Hop And Is Misrepresenting The Culture

Herc is our brother, but when our family strays from us, we must first forgive them for mistakes, but let them know of their wrongdoings, and of course, welcome them back with open arms. We could go on forever about how many artists who are heavily a part of, or were a part of the Universal Zulu Nation, know and understand how serious this is. By no means should ANY of us attempt to change the course of history and flip it for a dollar or for accolades from an industry of Culture Vultures called “the media”, when we have known and still do know that many in the media want the false, doctored-up UN-truths, not the REAL truth. Especially when it comes to Hip-Hop. What is further disturbing is the falsehood that Kool Herc failed to respect the TRUE first ladies of Hip-Hop: ShaRock, Lisa Lee, Debbie Dee, Queen Amber. The women who were there ON THE MIC representing this Culture. Kool Herc went as far as saying his SISTER is the “first lady of Hip-Hop”. Kool Herc’s sister is also his marketing rep, and is part of promoting the falsehood that she (Cindy) is the “First Lady” of Hip-Hop. That’s NOT TRUE.

Kool Herc, aka Clive Campbell DID NOT BIRTH HIP-HOP CULTURE 40 YEARS AGO ON AUGUST 11, 1973. In fact, Kool Herc only did a Back To School JAM in the recreation room at 1520 Sedgewick Avenue in the Bronx. No emcees were present, no “Hip-Hop” was present (a term heavily used by LoveBug Starski and Keith Cowboy), and the Zulu Nation was already in effect. THIS is the reason for this message. Please get a pen and write this down, or go stand near the chalkboard and write this one hundred times to make SURE you remember: HIP-HOP CULTURE IS 39 YEARS OLD…ZULU NATION IS 40 YEARS OLD.

Zulu Nation Says DJ Kool Herc Did Not Start Hip Hop And Is Misrepresenting The Culture

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Yup. I've come to conclusion that, that card was doctored lol. Coke La Rock has mentioned numerous times that most of people claiming they were there at the party in 1973 weren't actually there. I made a post about it here

repost of what I posted:

Question 1) Was this flyer doctored? The Klark K (bboy and then a dj) at the bottom is Clark Kent who Coke La Rock says wasn't at that party or even part of the crew at that time. He says most people that claimed to have been at that party are lying

Zulu Nation even called out Herc on that 1973 party by stating that there were no bboys, mcs or HipHop of any nature being done at that party. If you can read/listen to Herc's own associates who ran with him back then (Clart keny, Coke La Roc, N1qqa Twins, Trixie, Sasa etc...), they basically cosign the naysayers!

Repost:

Since the 1980s, this story of the so-called "start of hiphop" has taken on a mythic status but exactly how much of it is true? Were the hallmarks of what we now think of as hiphop from rappers, bboys, to 2 turntable + 2 copies of the record, djing actually being done at this party? I don't know if yall are aware of this, but Bambatta/Zulu nation said the claim of that party being the birth of the culture is straight bogus!

You are the Yoda of this Hip Hop shyt!

All of us need to praise you, including Tariq Nasheed(he is on here) cause you were the FIRST putting us onto the truth

As usual, I SALUTE YOU!:salute: