Dj Akademiks is in denial of his age...or lived under a rock his entire life.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yo whats the deal with this cornball ass nikka? :what:

dj-akademiks-5.jpg

So I'm watching the Everyday Struggle Episode with Ashanti fine ass, and he revealed on the show he is 26

I'm sittin here like....:gucci: Cause I'm tryna figure out how the fukk this nikka has the musical knowledge/taste of a 19 year old.

He be clowning Joe Budden like "Pump it up" was before his time.... But nikka I remember "Pump it up" VIVIDLY, and DJ Akademiks is a year older than me.

:gucci:

How the fukk this nikka don't know nothin bout the 90's? And why the fukk this nikka act like shyt from the 2000's was so before his time?:what:
I thought this nikka was like 22 or younger this whole time.

He was acting like he barely remember Ashanti... nikka I still remember all her songs by heart from way back then. Come the fukk on bruh.... he is either in denial or this lame ass nikka was home schooled and couldn't listen to music until he was 16.

Word. Im 29. My younger cousins are 26 and 25 and we ALL grew up on the same music. We talk about 90s and early 2000s rap throughly. If DJ Akademiks can’t remember rap from then, he was sheltered. I remember when Ain’t No nikka was out for the first time, you can’t forget that funk beat, and I was 8 then. No excuses.

SouljaVoy

♥ Black Love
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta,GA
He’s the kind of dude that was doing the Soulja boy and doing the stanky leg. He’s basically a new millennium head. He can’t tell you shyt about The Firm or Big Daddy Kane but he’ll tell you about some damn Tyga or some lil fukkies as Joe Budden calls them. Now there is nothing wrong with that, music is subjective, you can’t tell anybody what they should be listening to and what they should like.

It’s just odd that a dude born in the early 90’s has the taste of a 17 year old. I thought breh was like 27-28. He’s only 2 years older than me.

:francis: nikka I was fukking with Soulja Boy heavy back in the day (my name is Soulja Voy) , and I was doing the Stanky Leg back in the day.
and I can't tell you shyt about Big Daddy Kane either, his prime was before I was born.
:yeshrug: But DJ Akademiks being 26 should have a better knowledge of hiphop than what he does.

He's lame :yeshrug: oldest thing Iv ever heard him reference was cams come home with me. Beyond that it's like he has done zero hiphop homework for a guy that spends 80 percent of the time in the computer. He knows dipset but doesn't remember Ashanti? He's from nj but doesn't remember pump it up? Wasn't an x fan ? Thinks em is an old head? The math doesn't add up. He should have been in this prime 106 and park watching age around the time em and Ashanti were poppin

You right....The math don't add up... :hhh:

Ashanti had #1 songs on 106 & Park back then and was played on the radio constantly..... Also wasn't "Pump it Up" a #1 song on 106 & Park at a point in time? I used to love that song as a kid, and remember turning the TV loud as hell when it would come on... I had to been in like 5th grade I think.

Dude just don't add up. :francis:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not sure if it makes a difference but didn't he grow up in Jamaica?
That’s the only logical explanation why he wouldn’t be as hip to artists from the 90’s and shyt. He wouldn’t have that kind of emotional attachment like someone who was born in the US at the time. But that’s still no excuse, he was a damn DJ and gets paids thousands of dollars to be a music journalist. Dude is for finessing the game hardbody I ain’t mad though.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Yo whats the deal with this cornball ass nikka? :what:

dj-akademiks-5.jpg

So I'm watching the Everyday Struggle Episode with Ashanti fine ass, and he revealed on the show he is 26

I'm sittin here like....:gucci: Cause I'm tryna figure out how the fukk this nikka has the musical knowledge/taste of a 19 year old.

He be clowning Joe Budden like "Pump it up" was before his time.... But nikka I remember "Pump it up" VIVIDLY, and DJ Akademiks is a year older than me.

:gucci:

How the fukk this nikka don't know nothin bout the 90's? And why the fukk this nikka act like shyt from the 2000's was so before his time?:what:
I thought this nikka was like 22 or younger this whole time.

He was acting like he barely remember Ashanti... nikka I still remember all her songs by heart from way back then. Come the fukk on bruh.... he is either in denial or this lame ass nikka was home schooled and couldn't listen to music until he was 16.

He was 16 in 2007.
He was 6 in 1997.

I don't expect him to know about 90s hip hop. You also have to take into account his upbringing and his environment. I was 11 when NWA came out. 13 when Ice Cube went solo, but that was a different time and era.

Today's hip hop don't know about sampling and digging in the crates like it was in the 80s and 90s so in that regard artists and fans don't get a chance to explore the history of music or musicianship.