Divorced Breh’s: How Is Your Life after The Split?

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
For my previously married breh who are now GMB.

Would you say your life is better or worse now, than it was when you were married?

Would you attribute the quality of your life now, to the relationship you have with your ex-wife, or the lack thereof?
:ld:

Do you care to keep tabs on your exwife, directly
or indirectly if there are kids involved? Does she keep tabs on you?

Was your social and professional life drastically impacted?

Not joining GMB. :whoa: But the other black couple on my floor officially called it quits after trying to reconcile, and the way he’s taking it was basically like :manny:

Last edited:

USMaroon

Pro
Daps
I'll add some context for you bruh ... Life is fukin amazin after divorce bro ... just make sure your bread is tight ...
Little while after I got divorced, got into a new relationship i guess to help mask the pain and the drama ...

My ex-wf and I met in college, were friends for like 2 years before dating. Dated officially 2 more years before getting married. We never lived together before marriage. Her parents wouldnt allow it. I had my own place where she spent plenty of nights. Weird, her parents were dead set on not living together but she can stay at my place all week when she wants to.
We got divorced after about 6y and 1 child. She really wasnt 'wife' material in the sense she sorta really wanted a 'best friend' type dedicated to her only.
We never really connected emotionally after getting married, couldnt really finish each other's thoughts for ex, no terms of endearment and sex was a chore. More often that not, wasnt worth the effort.

After divorce, life is good bruh. Officially started passport stamping from Latin America to SE Asia. Had a tons of short term girlfriends locally and even some with benefits situation.
There are times when I missed being in a relationship and being able to connect on a deeper level with one person but by and large, it aint that serious.

Enjoy your life homie

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll add some context for you bruh ... Life is fukin amazin after divorce bro ... just make sure your bread is tight ...
Little while after I got divorced, got into a new relationship i guess to help mask the pain and the drama ...

My ex-wf and I met in college, were friends for like 2 years before dating. Dated officially 2 more years before getting married. We never lived together before marriage. Her parents wouldnt allow it. I had my own place where she spent plenty of nights. Weird, her parents were dead set on not living together but she can stay at my place all week when she wants to.
We got divorced after about 6y and 1 child. She really wasnt 'wife' material in the sense she sorta really wanted a 'best friend' type dedicated to her only.
We never really connected emotionally after getting married, couldnt really finish each other's thoughts for ex, no terms of endearment and sex was a chore. More often that not, wasnt worth the effort.

After divorce, life is good bruh. Officially started passport stamping from Latin America to SE Asia. Had a tons of short term girlfriends locally and even some with benefits situation.
There are times when I missed being in a relationship and being able to connect on a deeper level with one person but by and large, it aint that serious.

Enjoy your life homie
How did you handle not seeing your child on a regular basis? Are you ever concerned about how she's being raise in the absence of your presence?

degu9089

All Star
Daps
MgZVJUP3E57SKEQiEEd9HUsGFFQ8RUYWMVyhkGtzP9k.png

Byronml

Rookie
Daps
I have peace in my house now so life is good. It took a year to adjust but once I was, no turning back. I don't keep tabs on her, what she does now is none of my business and can only spin me down rabbit holes of what-ifs...never worth it, and I thank God we didn't have kids.

I'm not opposed to getting married again to someone else, but it took me a year to get to the point of even entertaining that idea.